Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My Q.V has just done 2300kms and now squirter is stuck open at one side. My dealer told me that the mount has broken and they were trying to telling me that I have removed the front bumper and damaged that mount.
They were saying that because I have wrapped my car with clear projection coat! And I was there during the wrapping, bumper has never removed!
However, It didn’t take long to change they mind, because I found number of cars from this forum within 10mins of research. Same car, same problem and same reason cause it. Also all cars has very short mileage.

One thing makes me worry: if that mount fails this easy, it will fail again after replace with new part.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Glad to see They are going to correct it now sorry that happened and then you had to go though that to Get it corrected. I haven’t used mine yet but I’ve heard lots of talk about that very thing.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
This is irritating. I didn't have the wiper caps but same issue on the tow caps. They were both broken in the transport (some bozo used a screw driver because you can see the pry marks) One of them is still hanging on although crooked. In any case they were both delivered to me in that condition. The one tow cap was replaced under warranty. But when the part came in for the paint match and I said can't we do both tow caps at the same time I got the "oh, you have it filmed it isn't covered under warranty because they must have broke the mechanism" really. In any case my second tow cap has not been replaced and it is still hanging on although tilted a bit but I can live with it. Thank you Strongsville for making sure my transport of my QV was handled so well or the detailer that you had put on the film didn't take the caps off correctly. I am still irritated but I will live with it. So yep, once someone else touches your car the finger pointing starts. Honestly that is why even with the door sill illuminated lights I am going to spend the money and have the dealer do it that way they can't say I shorted out my electrical system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is irritating. I didn't have the wiper caps but same issue on the tow caps. They were both broken in the transport (some bozo used a screw driver because you can see the pry marks) One of them is still hanging on although crooked. In any case they were both delivered to me in that condition. The one tow cap was replaced under warranty. But when the part came in for the paint match and I said can't we do both tow caps at the same time I got the "oh, you have it filmed it isn't covered under warranty because they must have broke the mechanism" really. In any case my second tow cap has not been replaced and it is still hanging on although tilted a bit but I can live with it. Thank you Strongsville for making sure my transport of my QV was handled so well or the detailer that you had put on the film didn't take the caps off correctly. I am still irritated but I will live with it. So yep, once someone else touches your car the finger pointing starts. Honestly that is why even with the door sill illuminated lights I am going to spend the money and have the dealer do it that way they can't say I shorted out my electrical system.
I had to make a joke for them: if one day the engine is overheating, you can blame the layer has affected the cooling?

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,635 Posts
I found number of cars from this forum within 10mins of research. Same car, same problem and same reason cause it. Also all cars has very short mileage.

One thing makes me worry: if that mount fails this easy, it will fail again after replace with new part.
shoot a message to anyone who has already had the problem

from memory kanundrum had this problem early- he had it repaired, havent heard of any recurrence since though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts