Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Anyone had any experience changing the daytime running lights/bulbs on these cars? Error saying turn signal and daytime lights out. Didn’t see any place in the back of the headlight to access. Do I need to replace the entire head lamp!? Smh

Thanks
Carl

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey all,
Anyone had any experience changing the daytime running lights/bulbs on these cars? Error saying turn signal and daytime lights out. Didn’t see any place in the back of the headlight to access. Do I need to replace the entire head lamp!? Smh

Thanks
Carl
Yes, new headlight assembly unless you can take it apart and change the LEDs.

·
Registered
'20 Ti-Sport Carbon Q4 Rosso Comp
621 Posts
Its actually the daytime running run.. the main one is working
that's clear indication that ur headlight has leak, condensation issue.
either back cover isn't put in properly or early examples of badly sealed headlights.
i had same issue and dealer replaced it under warranty.
if u replace drl/turn signal and not fix the issue originating, you'll have same issue over and over again,

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I would be looking at the wiring.... it would be very odd for all of the LEDs to go out at the same time.
I would check for power at the headlight connector and at the BCM output... if that checks out move onto the grounds.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
134 Posts
I just had my car in for service (radiator replacement) and mentioned that my passenger side headlight would show condensation during rain or car wash.
They checked it out and replaced under warranty with no questions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's clear indication that ur headlight has leak, condensation issue.
either back cover isn't put in properly or early examples of badly sealed headlights.
i had same issue and dealer replaced it under warranty.
if u replace drl/turn signal and not fix the issue originating, you'll have same issue over and over again,
Called the stealership.. warranty was out inJune.. purchased the car in July 😡 it’s already starting to dry out so maybe it’ll work. I’ll check the wiring again

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just had my car in for service (radiator replacement) and mentioned that my passenger side headlight would show condensation during rain or car wash.
They checked it out and replaced under warranty with no questions.
My warranty is up unfortunately..does the bumper have to be loosed to get the light out??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey all , thanks for the responses, just wanted to post an update. After reaching out to my local AR dealer they kindly told me the warranty on the car expired and proceeded to give me prices to replace the headlight to which I declined. So I contacted AR Customer Care and filed a claim/complaint to try and have my defective headlight replaced by the dealer. Told them I should not have to pay for a light because it got wet while driving in the rain .. so we’ll see what happens

thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey all , thanks for the responses, just wanted to post an update. After reaching out to my local AR dealer they kindly told me the warranty on the car expired and proceeded to give me prices to replace the headlight to which I declined. So I contacted AR Customer Care and filed a claim/complaint to try and have my defective headlight replaced by the dealer. Told them I should not have to pay for a light because it got wet while driving in the rain .. so we’ll see what happens

thanks
How much did they quote you for them? Also if Alfa doesn't pay for it fully ask for a good will adjustment or price reduction. It's only fair if you're just recently out of warranty and it's a known issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How much did they quote you for them? Also if Alfa doesn't pay for it fully ask for a good will adjustment or price reduction. It's only fair if you're just recently out of warranty and it's a known issue.
Parts and labor? A little under a $1000.. not doing it especially for something that was not caused by me.. someone in another post recommended filing an insurance claim as last resort if AR Customer Car can’t help.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
134 Posts
Parts and labor? A little under a $1000.. not doing it especially for something that was not caused by me.. someone in another post recommended filing an insurance claim as last resort if AR Customer Car can’t help.
If the swap is easy enough, check price for part and DIY.
Labor is usually at least half the cost.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m going to go the DIY route if the dealer somehow tries to tell me it’s not a manufacturer issue when it actually is. The forums have tons of ownercomplaints about the same thing

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also, AR Stealership wants $190 to diagnose and there is no guarantee they will replace it with NO charge, maybe a discount according to the representative.. maybe just cheaper like you said to buy the light and DIY.. bumper is easy .. not sure how to remove that connection cable in the back of the light.. im a DIYer anyway lol new challenge

1 - 20 of 27 Posts