Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know, if these would work for 19 giulia with high performance bi-xenon 35w headlamp?

Thank you

·
Registered
83 Posts
No Idea if those bulbs will fit, but difficult is it to change a headlamp bulb?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s simple. But Alfa customer service told me, to change the bulb to a new Color due to the mechanics of the headlight the whole headlight unit needs to be changed. Not feasible. But even sure if that is even accurate

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
The amount of bend that a lens produces is usually color dependent. That is why a prism can separate colors. Lenses in cameras are made from stacked layers of lenses that are made of different materials so that the colors stay closely focused together. This is called chromatic correction. "Inexpensive" plastic lenses such as those I expect are in the headlights probably do not have "chromatic correction" and may focus incorrectly if you change the color of the light bulb. OTOH, the change may be so subtle that it does not matter and/or the lens in Giulia headlights might have chromatic correction.

My take is "try it" but beware of the resultant light pattern and amount of glare.

Personally, I think the color of Giulia's headlights is pretty much "perfect" and I would not try to change it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blazinhassan.. was it the covers in front of the wheels (on the wheel well) where you access bulbs to change?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, you access the bulbs from the little access door at the front of the front wheel wells

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Yes, you access the bulbs from the little access door at the front of the front wheel wells
Just be certain to re-install the little access door properly. This door deflects spray from the front wheels away from the not really water tight back side of the very expensive headlights.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went ahead and ordered D3S: Philips 6000K Ultinon HID Bulb after tons of research. Question, does the automatic head light potentially damage the hids? My car is parked in my garage and anytime I start the lights turn on, we have longer days here now so would it make sense to turn the switch to parking light (which stay on for 8 mins after shut off) and manually turn the headlight on?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update : D3S: Philips 6000K Ultinon HID installed. Very easy to install and extremely happy with the result. The light output is amazing, tinge of blue but more on the pure white that matches the led DRL in the front. Very happy over all HIDCONCEPT has them at 15% off free shipping if anyone is looking for authentic Phillips.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have any pictures? Any issues since install?
No pics sorry. no issues since install. Just had -40c + temps here and no issues at all. I find this pure white output is much better during a winter snow storm. I like how bright it makes everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts