Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading over to Czech Republic and Austria next week for a two week trip. One of the Avis rental choices is a Giulia with manual transmission. I'm guessing it will be a diesel but I'm wondering if there is a manual available in the 2.0 turbo gas engine as well? I'll go with it either way, but does anyone know what the choices are likely to be in that part of Europe?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Heading over to Czech Republic and Austria next week for a two week trip. One of the Avis rental choices is a Giulia with manual transmission. I'm guessing it will be a diesel but I'm wondering if there is a manual available in the 2.0 turbo gas engine as well? I'll go with it either way, but does anyone know what the choices are likely to be in that part of Europe?
I tried through AutoEurope last year to rent a Giulia in Italy but none was available. Another rental company had Giulias and wanted bout $1,200 USD for the four days. I passed and rented a Golf figuring I could wait until I got back to the US to buy my own Giulia, which I did five months later. I have rented a dozen or more cars in Europe and my experience is that an automatic is a rare bird and somewhat more expensive to rent than a manual.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aye, hoping OP is an Avis First member with a tonne of points :D
Actually, I don't really know what I have in points and such, (but I am in their prime club) but the rate I locked in is about $400 US for 5 days of the trip, and I'm dying to try a Giuila with a stick, just not sure if its likely to be a diesel or petrol example. I will definitely report back in late October.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
hope you can get one, that's a good rate. Wouldn't worry too much about Diesel v Petrol.. on the trip I took in summer, the petrol Audi sounded and acted like a Diesel and the Skoda Diesel was more of a petrol car :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
we have guests coming in July and are looking at renting a Lotus Evora 410 for a week cuz ot everyone can fit in the QV. It is only 900 bucks for a week. We are doing a trip into Germany so my wife wants another quick car.

Who are you renting from?

I'll be spending most of June in Liechtenstein, then northern Italy before heading to southern France for the French GP to round out the month. Was looking to rent something fun for a few days, but so far everything has been incredibly unreasonable that I've found.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Did that in July of last year

I rented a Giulia last year for my trip to Amalfi Coast.. had the car for 12 days..
It was a Diesel Veloce White/Red & ZF8.
was a blast to drive and def. turned quite a few heads as I did not see another in Sorrento/Amalfi/Positano/Ravello....
it was a bit expensive but no more than any other high-line car..saved on gas for sure as it was a diesel.
very comfortable & quick for the drive from Rome to Sorrento.
Got it from HERTZ, something called the Italia Collection or something to that effect. I got some small discounts between my AMEX/HERTZ memberships

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
we have guests coming in July and are looking at renting a Lotus Evora 410 for a week cuz ot everyone can fit in the QV. It is only 900 bucks for a week. We are doing a trip into Germany so my wife wants another quick car.

Who are you renting from?

I'll be spending most of June in Liechtenstein, then northern Italy before heading to southern France for the French GP to round out the month. Was looking to rent something fun for a few days, but so far everything has been incredibly unreasonable that I've found.

Thanks!
Jensen AG. They are a lotus dealer in Switzerland. They also rent Elises for less. You might need the higher km which is more expensive. See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I rented the 2.2d in Italy over the summer with the manual trans. It was a good time, although it felt downright huge driving it in Rome, Florence and everywhere in between.

I rented it from Hertz in Rome and got a decent deal for five days, less than $1000 USD. The lower stance of the car became a problem on the non paved roads around Chianti and Montalcino but overall it was great driving it around it's home country!

And BTW, all the SATNAV features we've been asking about like live traffic, red light cameras etc are alive and well in the door market version ?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts