Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a May 2017 build. I should have HD, yes? I do not. Am I overlooking some obvious way to tune the stations? Is there indication of an HD signal when you are on an HD station?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is “HD Radio” setting turned “On” in settings?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Power ON

..... Menu
..... scroll down to Settings (press/enter...using rotary pad)
..... scroll down to Infotainment, bottom of 3rd screen (press/enter)
..... scroll down to Radio (press/enter)
..... scroll down to HD Radio (press/enter to cycle between on and off)
..... Menu

If you did not receive the Giulia 2017 Information and Entertainment System Owner's Manual
you can download it here. See page 43, HD Radio. Radio ..... “HD Radio”: The possible options
are: “On”; “Off

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/conten...s/Giulia/2017-Alfa_Romeo-Giulia-Radio-3rd.pdf

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just contacted Alfa Care and they opened up a case and are going to investigate because they said my build sheet of the car does not include the HD radio but the window sticker does show it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that all communication regarding the Giulia from day one has indicated FM/AM/HD radio. I see those of us who don’t have it should get a nominal gift certificate toward accessories! If I was a lawyer, I’d be thinking class-action suit! No… That’s what’s wrong with society.

·
Registered
246 Posts
In order to receive hd radio, the radio station has to broadcast hd radio. Not all stations broadcast in hd, at least here in San Diego. When I am receiving hd radio a little yellow hd icon shows on the display that indeed I am receiving an hd signal.

·
Registered
249 Posts
In order to receive hd radio, the radio station has to broadcast hd radio. Not all stations broadcast in hd, at least here in San Diego. When I am receiving hd radio a little yellow hd icon shows on the display that indeed I am receiving an hd signal.
This

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
For all the abuse the Giulia's infotainment system receives on this forum (including some criticism from me), the HD radio features are pretty cool. When you tune in to an HD station, you get cool graphics on the display screen including, sometimes, album cover art for the song that is playing.
It's a small thing, but still pretty cool.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think you would be more concerned about the display being upside down more than menu. :wink2:
Oh, wise guy! :D

PS: When the FM HD radio does work like in my Giulia here in Seattle, the sound is excellent due to our many very high quality FM HD stations.

Reactions: PNW_Giulia_Owner

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware we had more than a handful of HD stations in Seattle. Now I just need to get my from the dealer...

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just contacted Alfa Care and they opened up a case and are going to investigate because they said my build sheet of the car does not include the HD radio but the window sticker does show it.
Interested to hear how this turns out as I may be in the same boat. Window sticker said "8.8-inch AM/FM/HD Bluetooth Radio SY2." No mention of HD in infotainment system menus and no indication of HD when playing radio stations known to broadcast in HD.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interested to hear how this turns out as I may be in the same boat. Window sticker said "8.8-inch AM/FM/HD Bluetooth Radio SY2." No mention of HD in infotainment system menus and no indication of HD when playing radio stations known to broadcast in HD.
Alfa Care said that even the most basic radio is equipped with HD so they made me an appointment (over a week from now) at my dealer to have them check it out then go from there.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
For all the abuse the Giulia's infotainment system receives on this forum (including some criticism from me), the HD radio features are pretty cool. When you tune in to an HD station, you get cool graphics on the display screen including, sometimes, album cover art for the song that is playing.
It's a small thing, but still pretty cool.
Are you talking about radio or Bluetooth?
I've never seen cover art in regular radio stations. I have the 8.8" display.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I believe the station has to transmit that info for the radio receiver to extract and display it.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
HD radio graphics

It is from the radio. If you tune in to an FM station broadcasting in HD, you will almost certainly get a nice graphic of the station's logo, and frequently you will get a graphic of the artist or song that is playing. It's pretty cool.
Here's a picture of what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Alfa Care said that even the most basic radio is equipped with HD so they made me an appointment (over a week from now) at my dealer to have them check it out then go from there.
Has your car received any infotainment system software updates? Mine has not (yet) and I'm wondering whether that has anything to do with this issue.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts