Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my Giulia TI build date March/17 there seems to be no HD radio in vehicle. My vehicle has the 8.8 screen with Sat radio , no navigation, harman kardon upgrade. The vehicle has never picked up any HD radio stations, and in the settings there is no option to turn hd radio on/off like stated on the manual. I've found an older thread here with a member with the same issue but there was never a resolution.

What would you guys recommend i do if there is no HD radio headunit installed but it is clearly on the window sticker?
What if they just tell me it was a typo on the window sticker and they car doesnt have it?

Side question-- Vehicle is at dealer right now for T57 recall , i asked about infotainment update mine is still at MV-002.008.041, they said there is no update, showed them the technical bulletin that state any vehicle build before June 17 should be updated to 0.55 version, but they said nope, no update. Are they wrong or is the bulletin incorrect.

http://home.planet.nl/~jwq/giulia/last nav update 2018.pdf

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
413 Posts
I have an April 17 build and mine has been updated to .55. I have nav.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Interesting on the HD Radio. It looks like that standard item was replaced by the HK premium stereo option which does NOT specify having HD. Compare to my sticker below.

As for the Infotainment update, I’d pick a couple of the “symptoms” off the list and tell them you are experiencing those issues and want the update to resolve. My dealer updated my Jan 17 build from .043 to .055 when I requested with no pushback.

But now that I look more closely, I am not sure your sound system as listed on the option side of the sticker matches the description of any of the radios listed on the bulletin.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it seems its all left to interpretation, i feel like they'll probably will tell me something like it was removed when the HK system was added.

But at the same time on your window sticker it maybe its on the right side with the 950 price tag because the navigation is the extra. On the left side doesnt that mean that HD radio is standard equipment.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If that's a paid cost option and the car didn't have it they OWE you. If the car is financed the bank will want to know about it.

Paying and financing options that don't exist ain't cool

rjp

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
It means it’s standard “unless replaced by optional equipment”. For example you don’t have silver calipers AND black calipers on your car.

But I would definitely ask.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thought it was maybe a typo on 2017's but this is another 2017 which has the same sized screen but clearly states as only being AM/FM .

What do you guys think, typo, head unit is broken, incorrect head-unit was installed, or im going crazy and i dont even own a Giulia.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Does the 0.55 Update apply to Quads as well ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is a whole thread about HD radio missing somewhere on this forum. I have a 2017 base and the 8.8in screen with HD radio was an optional add on item. Turned out the HD portion was never installed and Alfa compensated me for it since it seemed they couldn't add it in. Yours is listed as standard equipment so I'm not sure what they will do for you but you definitely have the symptoms of it missing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wasn't the first to call and complain about it so they were definitely aware of the issue. They just needed a copy of the window sticker and took care of the rest. No runaround from them, they owned up to the issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How quickly did you notice that you didnt have it. I always assumed it was an infotainment software issue since ive dealt with multiple glitches and slowness from the system. I've enjoyed too much driving it to have time to take it to a dealer but now that its there for another issue im bringing it up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I almost never use the radio so I didn't notice until that thread came up about the feature missing and when I checked I realized I didn't have it. I haven't had any infotainment updates either apparently there have been none for me. It did require confirmation from the dealer that the feature was missing but luckily my car was already at the dealer for service so they took care of it.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Does the 0.55 Update apply to Quads as well ?
Yes, as long as fits the following description. There is no difference in Infotainment S/W between Q.V. and 4 cylinder models.

MODELS:
2017 (GA) Alfa Romeo Giulia
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 30, 2017 (MDH 0630XX) equipped with one of the following radios:
• AM/FM/HD Bluetooth W/Nav 8.8 Radio (Sales Code RAN).
• AM/FM/HD W/Bluetooth 8.8 Radio (Sales Code RAP).
• W/WO Sirius XM Satellite Radio (Sales Code RSD).
• AM/FM/HD Bluetooth W/Nav 6.5 Radio (Sales Code RAJ).
• NAFTA/EMEA Standard Radio (6.5’’) (Sales Code RAG).

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Thank you.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 17 Ti had the HD radio on the window sticker, but not installed. It was once on the early build sheet, but not on the final build sheet that the dealer can lookup at any time. Was it an easy process to work with AR to sort it out? Not at all. After 5-6 weeks we settled on an alternative, after jumping through hoops and such with the dealer mgr, the regional rep, and the AR folks. At times it was pure lunacy. Go to the dealer to get the build sheet from their dealer connect site, send to AR along with my own window sticker (AR doesn't have a record of that? there was a copy on their website at time of purchase!). No, AR will not accept the build sheet from the dealer. What guarantee do I have that the local dealer will give me a printout of their proprietary internal listing of VINs so that I can then send to AR? It was just silly. Fortunately my new dealer's mgr was understanding and said my old dealer should have compared the window sticker to the car, but sometimes it does happen they miss something. Way back when I was waiting for this car to be built, it was stuck in build status with partially built but waiting for additional parts. I only wondered what it was. Brakes? A radio? Something else?

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 17 Ti had the HD radio on the window sticker, but not installed. It was once on the early build sheet, but not on the final build sheet that the dealer can lookup at any time. Was it an easy process to work with AR to sort it out? Not at all. After 5-6 weeks we settled on an alternative, after jumping through hoops and such with the dealer mgr, the regional rep, and the AR folks. At times it was pure lunacy. Go to the dealer to get the build sheet from their dealer connect site, send to AR along with my own window sticker (AR doesn't have a record of that? there was a copy on their website at time of purchase!). No, AR will not accept the build sheet from the dealer. What guarantee do I have that the local dealer will give me a printout of their proprietary internal listing of VINs so that I can then send to AR? It was just silly. Fortunately my new dealer's mgr was understanding and said my old dealer should have compared the window sticker to the car, but sometimes it does happen they miss something. Way back when I was waiting for this car to be built, it was stuck in build status with partially built but waiting for additional parts. I only wondered what it was. Brakes? A radio? Something else?
This whole thing sounds strangely similar to the Apple Car Play issue; incorrect head units installed at the factory and they expect the owners to suck it up!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At the end what was the resolution for you?

I used the link provided in another post to look up my build sheet https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=x (instead of x type in your vin) and there it says just AM/FM , but obviously when we purchase a vehicle we go by the window sticker we are not given a build sheet to check out every item in the list.

Don't know if the dealer will have a different build sheet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

At the end what was the resolution for you?

I used the link provided in another post to look up my build sheet https://www.chrysler.com/webselfserv...tServlet?vin=x (instead of x type in your vin) and there it says just AM/FM , but obviously when we purchase a vehicle we go by the window sticker we are not given a build sheet to check out every item in the list.

Don't know if the dealer will have a different build sheet.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.