Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Have you been allowed to update your Infotainment

1 - 20 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you received the Infotainment Update to 002.009.043, yet? Seems a few of us have tried and are being told we cannot have it.

So are you on 001.011.020 or 002.009.043

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
Should I be embarrassed to admit I haven't tried?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Be interested to see if you get it then. If there is a hardware variant that is not eligible I'm sure you'll have it.
will keep you posted...
the recurring theme here is a lot of misinformation, by that I mean, owners seem to be getting different info from dealers....
I suppose that is just a function of the internet:confused:

what was told to me by my dealer as far as updates...is basically "if it ain't broke don't play with it"..by that he meant that in order to request the software update from Alfa, the dealer has to state that the car has experienced some issues with the infotainment system...
again take it with a grain of salt because we have heard many different stories on here...
I will post up when I am done with the service...

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
will keep you posted...
the recurring theme here is a lot of misinformation, by that I mean, owners seem to be getting different info from dealers....
I suppose that is just a function of the internet:confused:

what was told to me by my dealer as far as updates...is basically "if it ain't broke don't play with it"..by that he meant that in order to request the software update from Alfa, the dealer has to state that the car has experienced some issues with the infotainment system...
again take it with a grain of salt because we have heard many different stories on here...
I will post up when I am done with the service...
The instructions on the manual state otherwise. It instructs you that if there are any software update to contact your authorized dealer to perform the update independent of issues. Copy of the section in the manual below.

Remember, some of these updates come with additional features and upgrades. For instance, new radio features with the pre-sets, updated nav features, etc.

There is also the currently dormant handwriting recognition touchopad which is introduced in the manual which will only become available with an update. So if you never have any issues and never request an update, you will never enjoy these additional features.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I called my dealer about the update and then called Alpha Romeo customer care or whatever they called it. Both said that they will not update it unless I have a confirmed issue. This was for both software updates for the car and the entertainment system.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I called my dealer about the update and then called Alpha Romeo customer care or whatever they called it. Both said that they will not update it unless I have a confirmed issue. This was for both software updates for the car and the entertainment system.
Point them (your dealer) to page 6 of the infotainment manual which instructs the customer to contact the dealer to perform any updates if and when they become available.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ti Build Date Feb 2017 8.8" system with Nav, have experienced the FM favorites going blank - told I can't have the update 3 days ago.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ti Build Date Feb 2017 8.8" system with Nav, have experienced the FM favorites going blank - told I can't have the update 3 days ago.
That happened to me - FM Favorites going blank... Clearly I have not had the update yet. No phone call from my dealer either. I'll set it up myself hopefully within the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
My car is at the shop and they scanned my infotainment version which is 0024406014 and ECU software version: 50455006861 and advised these are the latest updates in my car as of July 13th.

·
Registered
261 Posts
So are you on 001.011.020 or 002.009.043
Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, but would someone mind explaining how to determine which release we're on?

And...

What's your build date?
Same apology here, but how does one find out the exact build date?

Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
You are right both of these have been posted elsewhere on the forum but here are the answers

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, but would someone mind explaining how to determine which release we're on?!
Settings -> System -> Software update -> Current Version

Same apology here, but how does one find out the exact build date?
You need to fill in your VIN number with this link - on mine the third to last line says * February Production
which is close enough

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Thanks, Alan.

Adding to the FAQ

1 - 20 of 485 Posts