Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I asked EBC and they said yellow stuff is better for fast street and some light track use and it has Aramid with less metal so will be less dusty, most likely less that stock ones but with better friction. I will fit them next week and report back once I have a few miles on them.
the stopping power of EBC blue was great. It’s a great track pad. Just very dusty. I’m sure the yellow will perform well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had yellow stuff on a different but also about 3800lb car. Worked well and no fade at Thunderhill. Very streetable and even better with heat. What I didn't like them about was that other track pads felt more consistent with amount of pedal pressure. The yellow stuff seemed mellow in the middle, but once pressure is really on, stopping power was good. That is one set of pads on one car. I've not used that compound on other cars since.

A few other compounds i've had some more recent experiences but from different cars

Ferodo DS2500/DS1.11 for Street/Track
Great performance for their use. Both are noisy and squeal like crazy, but extremely effective. DS2500 brakes well in California winter too. DS1.11 can be pushed to smoke and still no fade during the sprint. Ferodo says no re-bedding needed swapping between these pads so save lots time and work.

Winmax W3/W5. Feels good and performed well. Stock rotor/caliper could not stand the heat and started to go soft after a while. The pads were fine.

Endless W008 street/track. This to me was true street/track pads that worked well enough on streets and consistent on the track. It needs a little bit of temperature in californian winter to be effective.

Proj u HC800 - it's really a street compound said to be enough for light track use. Yes very light. Advertised to work up to 800 but started to fade near the top of heat range and much reduced braking power. I liked Winmax combo better.

Other carbotech 8/10 and porterfield r4-s/r4 experiences were way too long ago. I still remember running semi metalics from Ereminas' in the early days...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts