Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering since many of you were able to track your car all the way to the Port, have you taken delivery of you '18 yet?

I agree with many of you, if Alfa has a cash holding customer waiting - I would suspect they would want to part you and your money fair quickly.

My Wife order a Giulia Quado back in early May, we got a VIN and the car is still in JB status. I called Alfa Customer Cares, yesterday and the person on the other end of the phone said that normally cars are only in JB status for 2 weeks. I know by reading other posts that can take up to a month to come out of JB status. Anyway she open a case for us and will have someone follow up with an updated status, early next week, or at least what is taking so long to come out of JB (it entered JB back on 2 Sept).

I was just wondering if maybe Alfa has identified a more serious problem with the "18's and has put a hold on releasing them until they can come up with a fix.

And that is why I am asking if anyone got their 18's yet and may that is what is holding our car up in JB status.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I was wondering since many of you were able to track your car all the way to the Port, have you taken delivery of you '18 yet?

I agree with many of you, if Alfa has a cash holding customer waiting - I would suspect they would want to part you and your money fair quickly.

My Wife order a Giulia Quado back in early May, we got a VIN and the car is still in JB status. I called Alfa Customer Cares, yesterday and the person on the other end of the phone said that normally cars are only in JB status for 2 weeks. I know by reading other posts that can take up to a month to come out of JB status. Anyway she open a case for us and will have someone follow up with an updated status, early next week, or at least what is taking so long to come out of JB (it entered JB back on 2 Sept).

I was just wondering if maybe Alfa has identified a more serious problem with the "18's and has put a hold on releasing them until they can come up with a fix.

And that is why I am asking if anyone got their 18's yet and may that is what is holding our car up in JB status.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave,
Not to my knowledge.
Follow the 2018 Ordered and Tracking thread, and also the Looking For NYC Member thread that I started this morning. They are both on the Active list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andy,

I have been following the 2018 Ordered and Tracking thread and many on there have tracked their cars to port, but I hadn't seen where they have been released yet.

Which to me doesn't make any sense, as I said, you have money sitting in port it would make better business sense to have in the your pocket than just leaving it in port.

Let's face it the new RS5 is available to order in starting in December and if I were Alfa I'd want to make sure I didn't loose any sales to any of the Germans.

D.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi Andy,

I have been following the 2018 Ordered and Tracking thread and many on there have tracked their cars to port, but I hadn't seen where they have been released yet.

Which to me doesn't make any sense, as I said, you have money sitting in port it would make better business sense to have in the your pocket than just leaving it in port.

Let's face it the new RS5 is available to order in starting in December and if I were Alfa I'd want to make sure I didn't loose any sales to any of the Germans.

D.
As we know, ordering, and delivered, can be far apart.
Chatted with a buddy last night, he said that he was at the BMW Dealership this week and was told to expect a one year wait on an M2 order.
I have played the "why hold my MY18, I have my checkbook and pen at the ready" card several times, with no success.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The problem is, many 2017s have already been built and are sitting on lots. The goal is to try and push as many of those off as they can. The "checkbook in hand" card is still good for them, and does nothing to get the car here faster because to them, it's already sold. I have had not response from my dealer or ARCares for that matter in the last few days. I'm not rushing them, but I am getting a sense of "focus elsewhere."

Hoegh Singapore just arrived in Halifax today. I think a new shipment will be off loaded in NYC within a week. Our cars may be on there, or released at the same time. Or it may take a couple more weeks to work through the backlog.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Should be able to buy MY17 at invoice or less....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cars.com currently shows about 2,350 new 2017 Giulia's for sale and Alfa Romeo has been selling about 950 per month since May, so there's about a 2.5 month supply on hand. For comparison purposes, BMW had 10,000 new BMW 3-series listed for sale and sell about 9,000 per month (one month's supply) and Audi has 4,600 new A4's listed for sale and sell about 2,800 per month (1.6 month's supply).

So, Alfa Romeo has a bit more supply on hand compared to others, but it doesn't seem like a terribly large amount. That said, I know there are some good discounts on the 2017's already and I would expect the incentives on them to continue to increase.

·
Registered
619 Posts
we are in southern cal but willing to cast a wider net for a great deal. are there any suggested dealers we should contemplate speaking with?

we are thinking lease but not at all opposed to purchase unless the members of this site were to tell us how to transact one way or the other.

we are looking for a TI w/ 19x9 rears minimally optioned otherwise. color pref is white or red. just not black as it is nearly impossible to keep presentable here for more than a day or two. thank you to all in advance.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My local dealer just got in 4 2017 QVs, bringing the total on the lot to 5. They also have 20 or so other Giulias on the lot.
we have accidentally located a car. 2017 giulia ti . white, red/black interior, sport package, lsd (q2), premium sound, 19x9 rears...and that is all. discounted ~$4500. gave the salesman my credit card to secure the car. this is as close to what we wanted as we have been able to find. I am pulling the trigger on this car for my fiancée. she will love it and I will even enjoy it too when we are using it together.

glad I found this web site! thank you all.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My local dealer just got in 4 2017 QVs, bringing the total on the lot to 5. They also have 20 or so other Giulias on the lot.
Wow.
My local (south-central PA) Dealership has had (one or more) Quads on order since before summer, with ZERO delivered by FCA. All the 2.0 Stelvios and Giulias you want, thought.
No Giulia 18s either.

·
Registered
422 Posts
we are in southern cal but willing to cast a wider net for a great deal. are there any suggested dealers we should contemplate speaking with?

we are thinking lease but not at all opposed to purchase unless the members of this site were to tell us how to transact one way or the other.

we are looking for a TI w/ 19x9 rears minimally optioned otherwise. color pref is white or red. just not black as it is nearly impossible to keep presentable here for more than a day or two. thank you to all in advance.
Hey Pete,
I'm in Albuquerque, NM and have a 2018 Quadrifoglio on order. The dealership is Alfa Romeo of Albuquerque and they have numerous Ti's on the lot. I have no affiliation with them or with FCA, but happy to help out. Might be a good time to fly out and have a Santa Fe weekend in a new Alfa?

·
Registered
619 Posts
thank you for the suggestion. I think we have located the car we want. the dealer has been a bit aloof as yesterday they were busy and I tried to secure the car w/ a deposit. they did not call me back as they indicated they would. we will try to secure tomorrow in the morning.

fingers and toes crossed. finacee has this car in her sights now:) I hope I can get this done...I actually like the car too!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmm, it sounds like the year clearance is going to go longer than I expected, especially if some 2017 Quads just arrived! :( But mine is built so I must wait. Back when I pulled the rigger, I searched and searched and what I wanted was not built. To this point, I only think I've seen 3 Quads with yellow brake calipers. This is the look I am after, minus the CCB and Alfa Competizione paint instead of Ferrari Scuderia.

Attachments

Reactions: inikkor

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And here is a quick paint render from last week. I will change the center cap colors on the next version.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm so old that in my youth new cars (model year) would not be released until that year. Meaning, 2018 cars would not be available until 2018. We've all been a bit spoiled to get next year's model in the current year but remember, there is no requirement you must get your 2018 model year vehicle in 2017. (However from a business perspective, different story.)

Seeing the 2017 inventory available if anyone gets their 2018 in 2017 should consider that a victory. During our challenges in May 2017 our dealership was straight to the point that a 2018 ordered QV probably wouldn't be delivered until January 2018. I do not know what others have been told but I originally thought it was set so far in the future (6 months) to curb our angst for the arrival. Maybe there was some truth to the dealership's representation. *shrug*

I hope my opinion is misplaced for everyone but keep this in mind. 0:)

We couldn't wait so we pulled the trigger on a 2017 QV in June 2017. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm so old that in my youth new cars (model year) would not be released until that year. Meaning, 2018 cars would not be available until 2018. We've all been a bit spoiled to get next year's model in the current year but remember, there is no requirement you must get your 2018 model year vehicle in 2017. (However from a business perspective, different story.)

Seeing the 2017 inventory available if anyone gets their 2018 in 2017 should consider that a victory. During our challenges in May 2017 our dealership was straight to the point that a 2018 ordered QV probably wouldn't be delivered until January 2018. I do not know what others have been told but I originally thought it was set so far in the future (6 months) to curb our angst for the arrival. Maybe there was some truth to the dealership's representation. *shrug*

I hope my opinion is misplaced for everyone but keep this in mind. 0:)
We couldn't wait so we pulled the trigger on a 2017 QV in June 2017. :wink2:
I was told to expect October - November delivery when it was ordered in July, so, they still have quite a few weeks to still be on schedule. The hardest part is knowing that it is built and sitting an hour away, and I can't have it.
I'll say it again, I can understand that it makes good business sense to hold back the new models when you still have a surplus of 17s on the lots, but, deliver the ones that were ordered by checkbook holding end users that will immediately put them on the road which will increase the public visibility of this fine looking automobile, and help to fill the coffers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'll say it again, I can understand that it makes good business sense to hold back the new models when you still have a surplus of 17s on the lots, but, deliver the ones that were ordered by checkbook holding end users that will immediately put them on the road which will increase the public visibility of this fine looking automobile, and help to fill the coffers.
I personally don't think they're holding the 2018s back just to sell more 2017s off of lots.

When you look at what Giulia inventory remains, there are loads of low end configurations and non-Sport models (specifically non 19" sport package), left on the dealer lots. Some dealers are in the single digits for remaining Giulia inventory, while most are at 20 cars (+/- 5), and only the very largest dealers have 30+ Giulias left on hand. There are some dealers that have more Quads in stock than they do Giulia Ti 19" Sport models. I know from looking at my closest dealer, Alfa Romeo of Rochester, they still have at least 3 cars on hand from their initial stock deliveries back in February and March.

If the reason for holding back the 2018s is to move more 2017s, they're shooting themselves in the foot, because customers that are showing up at the dealers to purchase a car off the lot don't have an adequate selection. If they aren't willing to wait for the 2018s to show up a refresh the lot inventories, or don't want to wait of a custom order, they'll end up walking to some other make. Audi, BMW, Mercedes... all have 2018s on the lot now.

I'm over a month past due on my dealer's original delivery estimate... getting frustrated. I've been told my Giulia Ti is due to be shipped to the dealer on the 16th, which is this coming Monday, so we'll see.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was told by my dealer Sept delivery of a MY18 when I order my Quad in May 2017. I was also told once that the car was built and shipping in august. WB I do think they are holding the 18s in order to sell the 17s... what other explanation is there??A few months ago , same dealer said prob october, and maybe nov at latest. its october.
As mentioned, I started looking at other cars , and while I am all over the map in my new car search--- used M3s, Focus ST, Jeep Wrangler, GTI, I have already ruled out AMG, mercedes, audi, part of my thinking was hopeful wishing that AR would call soon and tell me my car is ready, in which case having a less expensive second car with a MT wouldn't be that bad. Regardless, I really am getting frustrated and am at the point of action, instead of just talking. I think AR has made some grave errors, and despite how great the QV may be, I am close to moving on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.