Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been lucky enough, would you mind sharing?

TIA

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wow, I would have thought you'd have known by now.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I am not that well connected......:frown2:
Or we'll know after the August Italian Alfa Romeo vacation........

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer provided my MY18 pricing for my order on July 7th. And if I recall, I put in my order for my '18 Ti just a few days before you in early June.
Any major price increases?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked Alfa customer service today and they had no clue on MY18 pricing for any Giulias..... very comforting....

·
Registered
554 Posts
I asked Alfa customer service today and they had no clue on MY18 pricing for any Giulias..... very comforting....
My dealer also doesn't have any 2018 QV pricing info, but another dealer I've talked to this week said all of the QVs he's ordered recently had an MSRP already. I don't know what to believe anymore. Member on here robbie! says base MSRP is $73,500 fwiw.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmm, that looks like about 1 grand higher. We have all probably seen this already but carbon breaks went up this spring, HK sound was made standard and Front collision is too. I think part of the adjustments have been done in bundling, making the total prices higher as a result. I think 250-1000 (maybe more for carbon) per package?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
On my order the 19" sport package increase of $250 was the only apparent price increase (Ti Q4). However, they apparently made NAV mandatory on all 2018 Giulias (?!) adding $995. Then the 2017 Giulia configurator lists a much lower "net price" than the MSRP (about 8% lower) while my dealer is now quoting MSRP at me. So even though the price increases look modest, this looks like a total $4000-5000 price increase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
NAV is mandantory on all giulias, or just QV? That seems odd, I was hoping to avoid it with the addition of CarPlay. I know a lot of manufacturers bundle NAV with other items; and BMW, for example, requires you to get it in order to get the CarPlay compatibility option, IIRC (at least it seemed to when I went thru their configurator).

·
Registered
241 Posts
On my order the 19" sport package increase of $250 was the only apparent price increase (Ti Q4). However, they apparently made NAV mandatory on all 2018 Giulias (?!) adding $995. Then the 2017 Giulia configurator lists a much lower "net price" than the MSRP (about 8% lower) while my dealer is now quoting MSRP at me. So even though the price increases look modest, this looks like a total $4000-5000 price increase.
The net price accounts for the current incentives in place to push out the remaining 2017 inventory.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
NAV is mandantory on all giulias, or just QV? That seems odd, I was hoping to avoid it with the addition of CarPlay. I know a lot of manufacturers bundle NAV with other items; and BMW, for example, requires you to get it in order to get the CarPlay compatibility option, IIRC (at least it seemed to when I went thru their configurator).
My order is for a Ti Q4 with most of the options: no sunroof, no Harman Kardon, no NAV; but then they said the NAV is required on all cars. This amounts to an increase in the base price of the car. I suspect that it costs a $20 flash to actually add the relatively useless NAV so that NAV is a big profit center for AR. Maybe I am wrong and without NAV the car lacks a $40 GPS receiver; still not worth $995...

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
The net price accounts for the current incentives in place to push out the remaining 2017 inventory.
That's what I originally thought, but the numbers still don't add up. I can get something sort-of close if I assume that the net price excludes the un-exclude-able destination charge. The configurator cleverly does not say how it came up with the net price.

Is everybody/anybody paying MSRP for a 2018 non-QV Giulia order?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts