Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HK audio system. I'd like to install a very small additional subwoofer in the trunk, maybe an 8" or a 10". How hard is it to tap into the amplifier in order to make it work properly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was really easy. The factory amp is in the trunk on the driver’s side. The white clip has orange wires and green for left and right. Black stripes obviously negative side.

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
120 Posts
Better cut off the subwoofer cable and extend that one to your new amp. Cables are violet. You will find it behind the rear seat under the trim. Open the rear seat, you will see 5 pop up, get them lose and then unscrew the screws. Tilt and pull the trim. You will see the violet cable, in the back you see the connector, disconnect it and cut the cable and extend that one. Then put the new cable from the side to the trunk area. I got an LC2I Pro, connected the new cables to the LC2I and put remote in on GTO, it will go on automatically without the need of an remote in from the fusebox. It also has an remote out for your new amp. I bought the LC2I for the accubass function to keep the bass steady! Advantage of this is that you now only have bass from your new subwoofer and not 2 subs.. the HK sub was also pretty useless. Power can you get from the battery in the trunk, negative under the styrofoam in the middle you will find a screw i placed it there.. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Better cut off the subwoofer cable and extend that one to your new amp. Cables are violet. You will find it behind the rear seat under the trim. Open the rear seat, you will see 5 pop up, get them lose and then unscrew the screws. Tilt and pull the trim. You will see the violet cable, in the back you see the connector, disconnect it and cut the cable and extend that one. Then put the new cable from the side to the trunk area. I got an LC2I Pro, connected the new cables to the LC2I and put remote in on GTO, it will go on automatically without the need of an remote in from the fusebox. It also has an remote out for your new amp. I bought the LC2I for the accubass function to keep the bass steady! Advantage of this is that you now only have bass from your new subwoofer and not 2 subs.. the HK sub was also pretty useless. Power can you get from the battery in the trunk, negative under the styrofoam in the middle you will find a screw i placed it there.. Good luck!
If its not a hassle. Can you please take a picture of your connections and setup on your LC2i? Perhaps from the top?

·
Registered
Giulia 2.2 JTD Squadra Massimo 242HP!
120 Posts
If its not a hassle. Can you please take a picture of your connections and setup on your LC2i? Perhaps from the top?
I can't take a picture right now, what do you need? Did you cut the original subwoofer cable? Or did you extend the doorspeaker cable?

it is just like this video. You do not need a Remote In cable, it gets the turn on signal through the speaker cable! You can use the Remote Out for your subwoofer amp so that it will turn on also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't take a picture right now, what do you need? Did you cut the original subwoofer cable? Or did you extend the doorspeaker cable?

it is just like this video. You do not need a Remote In cable, it gets the turn on signal through the speaker cable! You can use the Remote Out for your subwoofer amp so that it will turn on also.

Thanks. I cut the stock subwoofer wires and took it the sub out. Will not be using the sub anymore and plan to connect the aftermaket amp to those wires. Can i just get the LC1i ? Do you see a big advantage for the accubass in the LC2i ?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Thanks. I cut the stock subwoofer wires and took it the sub out. Will not be using the sub anymore and plan to connect the aftermaket amp to those wires. Can i just get the LC1i ? Do you see a big advantage for the accubass in the LC2i ?
The LC2I-Pro has a load switch (20, 60, or 20k ohm) so the factory amp doesn't freak out. You don't need accubass, it doesn't appear that our systems attenuate the bass at higher volumes. At least not on the 6 speaker system. I like the remote that comes with it.

Reactions: Rohit and lengm13

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
The LC2I-Pro has a load switch (20, 60, or 20k ohm) so the factory amp doesn't freak out. You don't need accubass, it doesn't appear that our systems attenuate the bass at higher volumes. At least not on the 6 speaker system. I like the remote that comes with it.
Thanks. The LC1i also has the 20, 60, 20k ohm. It just doesnt have the accubass and only has one rca output instead of two, one for bass and another for main. Yeah mine is the HK system, hopefully it doesnt affect the bass.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Thanks. The LC1i also has the 20, 60, 20k ohm. It just doesnt have the accubass and only has one rca output instead of two, one for bass and another for main. Yeah mine is the HK system, hopefully it doesnt affect the bass.
it'll be fine.

Reactions: lengm13
1 - 11 of 11 Posts