Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question: Has anybody ever seen the "Low Windshield Fluid Warning Light" come on when the reservoir is empty?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have not seen the light on my 5/17 build Ti. I remember a similar issue when I bought a first generation TSX in 2005, I purchased in Cali and the manual said a low fluid light existed but come to find out it was for Canadian market cars only because of law/policy. I'm not sure if this is a similar issue. I tried to look at the reservoir on my Ti but it lives hidden inside the drivers side wheel well shroud and not worth the trouble to pull apart.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had it go off on sharp turns and hard braking while test driving before purchase (17 Giulia QV). So I know mine works.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Maybe it's only in the Quad.

·
Registered
402 Posts
According to the manual, it should be in every vehicle. Really, it's a necessary safety feature. If you are driving unaware that your low/out of washer fluid and a truck, car, etc. splashes a bunch of mud, dust, icy/slush on your windshield you need the fluid to get it off and regain visibility.

Alfa has messed up several safety sensors, and they need to fix these.

·
Registered
231 Posts
According to the manual, it should be in every vehicle. Really, it's a necessary safety feature. If you are driving unaware that your low/out of washer fluid and a truck, car, etc. splashes a bunch of mud, dust, icy/slush on your windshield you need the fluid to get it off and regain visibility.

A safety feature? Ok.

Just for the record, i have never seen the light come on in my 5/17 build, but that is because I top the washer fluid off after every 3-4 tanks of fuel. I could care less if it has a low washer fluid light on the car. I wonder how people years ago handled the above situation back in the day before the low fluid lights.

Hmm

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
It is certainly a safety feature and a safety issue.

Reactions: ChiGuy and RyanC883

·
Registered
316 Posts
A safety feature? Ok.

Just for the record, i have never seen the light come on in my 5/17 build, but that is because I top the washer fluid off after every 3-4 tanks of fuel. I could care less if it has a low washer fluid light on the car. I wonder how people years ago handled the above situation back in the day before the low fluid lights.

Hmm
They looked at the reservoir to see if it was empty or full.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Several safety sensors - what are they? What law requires them?

Also, low washer fluid is hardly a safety item; just refill it periodically based on your driving conditions. This is hardly rocket science.

As many have said, there are things in the manual that apply to some cars and not others; there is no guarantee that because it is in the manual that it is functional on your car...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man, I’m still trying to figure out how a low washer fluid light is a safety issue. Next they will be installing loose lugnut sensors on cars. Why rely on sensors, get to know your vehicle, and develop a maintenance routine. Every so often do a walk around, check tire pressure, fluid levels, wiper-blades, etc. I check my tire pressure often, because I don’t trust tire sensors.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The sensors are a safety issue.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...eep-liquid-in-the-windshield-washer-reservoir.

Sorry some of you disagree. That's your prerogative. The point is, it's in the manual, and it is not an "optional" feature designated by the "--If Equipped" language. It's supposed to be in the car. It's amazing that some of you spend 50K+ on a vehicle and don't give a **** that it's poorly built and/or missing things that should be in there.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Has anyone seen Bigfoot? Lets lose this thread.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts