Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I picked up an NTFS formatted drive, copied a few songs on it to see if it would work and all was swell. Took the drive and copied a lot more onto it, but none of the new tracks showed up.... wtf?
So now I've reformatted the drive to HSF+ (just out of curiosity) and am copying a bunch of songs (65000+) to see if it will "rescan" the drive, or whatever it did the first time I plugged it in, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? I guess if everything shows up tomorrow it's not really a concern unless I add more songs and they don't show up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
FYI - it will work with HDD or a SSD (I've tried and tested both). Only issue is that the larger drives will take a bit of time to be read by the Uconnect system (this is probably why you're not seeing your files show up right away).

I went with a super fast flash drive to help with the loading speeds, but it still does not load as fast I would like (I have about 34 gigs of mp3s on a 128gb flash drive).

Also, the reason you'd want to format the drive with NTFS rather than FAT is because FAT partitions have an upper limit of 32GB. So if you want more space than 32gb, you have to use NTFS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts