Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today marks one year ownership exactly !!! yay!! Happy Birthday Giulia Super with Veloce Pack !!

i was one of the first Giulias on the road in our state, (NSW), ... so thats a cool kind of claim to fame

anyway, you guys feel free to post your one year anniversary in this thread with some before and after pics or anything that rocks your boat, did you do anything special for your one year anniversary, do you have anything planned? go fo it ...

i celebrated by taking her on a spirited drive (she loves it when i do that) lol ... along one of our Pacific Coast seacliff bridges creatively called Seacliff Bridge
the road approaching it is very twisty and challenging (challenging to keep it below the speed limit) lol

(we also have a species of spider with a red back and we call it a Redback Spider, we also have a very large banana in Coffs Harbour and we call it The Big Banana at Coffs Harbour ... you can never get lost in Australia, if you want to go for a drive along a great ocean road, you just head for The Great Ocean Road in Victoria!!
go figure huh ? lol

anyway ...planning on giving her a nice foam bath when it cools down a bit later this arvo , thats Aussie drawl for "afternoon", (or "evening" if you are a Pom, a "pom" is an Englishman) ... Sting, that great English songwriter and composer once wrote a song about an Englishman in New York, he called it an Englishman In New York ... so, we arent he only ones who do it
anyway, planning on giving Giulia a nice refreshing foam bath and a gentle blow behind her ears with another new toy i just bought to keep her sparkling and young ...

so anyway, we have completed 19670 happy kilometres together

this is her on the day i first drove her home
and the third and fourth pictures are recent shots taken down the beach where she was chilling with a couple of homies from Italy

:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks SuperMod

the dryer isnt bad, a bit expensive but does the job well, you would be amazed how much water is being held inside the engine bay,

i have seen water come out of places you guys wouldn't believe ...
attacks drips in the C pillar ... hidden in the dark in the Tail Gate ...
pours out from the headlight assembly ...
all those drops will be lost in time ...

like tears in the rain ...

...time...time to dry

:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks SuperMod

the dryer isnt bad, a bit expensive but does the job well, you would be amazed how much water is being held inside the engine bay,

i have seen water come out of places you guys wouldn't believe ...
attacks drips in the C pillar ... hidden in the dark in the Tail Gate ...
pours out from the headlight assembly ...
all those drops will be lost in time ...

like tears in the rain ...

...time...time to dry

:)

Haha. Great reference. Happy Anniversary mate. She’s lovely. That’s a lovely strip of road, but the National Park before- that is great fun. Looking forward to tackling that one!

If you like a great track, I have to recommend the trip from Bright in Vic, north along the Snowy Mountain Highway to Kosciusko and then on to Anaminaby, then Jindabyne and through the Monaro down to Bega. Not a single cop. Still got finger impressions in the steering wheel. Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
Quite a road (bicycle path, too). The old one below looks also fun, albeit more penalizing.

The front windows seem to hold a lot of water. I'm forever forgetting not to lower them soon after washing. End up having to redo the glass.

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha. Great reference. Happy Anniversary mate. She’s lovely. That’s a lovely strip of road, but the National Park before- that is great fun. Looking forward to tackling that one!

If you like a great track, I have to recommend the trip from Bright in Vic, north along the Snowy Mountain Highway to Kosciusko and then on to Anaminaby, then Jindabyne and through the Monaro down to Bega. Not a single cop. Still got finger impressions in the steering wheel. Magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks mate
a bit out of my way, but will keep it in mind if i have a couple of days to spare heading to Albert Park for the Formula One ;-)

cops? badges? we dont need no steeking badges
(another movie reference) lol

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite a road (bicycle path, too). The old one below looks also fun, albeit more penalizing.

The front windows seem to hold a lot of water. I'm forever forgetting not to lower them soon after washing. End up having to redo the glass.
its a fantastic bicycle and walking path, frequently crowded with tourists that come down to do the hike (about 30 miles south of Sydney)

that is the old road the bridge replaced, it was quite a lottery that one with road slippages and rock falls, never knew what was around a blind corner

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Today I received an anniversary gift from Alfa Romeo, 20% off eligible brand merchandise plus free shipping. I must be picky, because I don't see a single thing that interests me enough to purchase.

https://www.shopalfaromeousa.com/welcome.asp

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
These popped up on my Facebook feed earlier in the week along with some pretty cool shirts. Not sure I can pull them off, but maybe some of our younger owners can.
Facebook definitely has me in their crosshairs. I get a different Alfa offer every other day.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
These popped up on my Facebook feed earlier in the week along with some pretty cool shirts. Not sure I can pull them off, but maybe some of our younger owners can.
Facebook definitely has me in their crosshairs. I get a different Alfa offer every other day.

I don’t know if anyone could pull these off! Or put them on for that matter. Its all wound up way past ten!

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually like them LoL

but then again, i have a couple of screen print t-shirts with my old 159 front end and my current Giulia front end specially done by Dr Moose in Byron Bay - for our Aussie viewers

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
My 80 year old mother called me to tell me she saw my car on TV the other day, This was the spot she had seen.

In her words... "I so enjoyed watching the cars dancing on the ice"!

I need to take her for a ride soon!!!
My mother loves my car and was in it when I got a ticket. She said "I can't believe we were going that fast; it didn't feel like it" (fortunately not when the trooper was within earshot).

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
One Year Today

Happy Birthday to Giulia .....

One Year Today......

Here she is at delivery.......

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this Saturday marks Giulia's 3rd actual birthday ... from my VIN i could see my car was born on 16th November 2016

planning on getting her a full detail and Opticoat Pro + refresh

will post pics :)

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
detailer is booked out so that didnt eventuate, work in progress, will update photos when she has had her wash n polish over next few days ... just found out we share a very notable birthday though

November 16 is the day Ferrari was officially founded back in 1929 ...

https://formula1.ferrari.com/en-au/90-years-of-a-legendary-team-2/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts