Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my car after having it ceramic coated with Gyeon Dureflex on the body, rims and calipers. The finish is fantastic and the depth of shine. The shop said the quality of paint on the Alfa is one of the best out there for a new car...happy to hear that about our cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Gorgeous

My QV will be heading into the detail shop this week. Getting some cosmetic fixes (vinyl redo) on the bumper and a couple paint chips in transport. Then she is getting a complete cQuartz Finest Reserve and ceramic on wheels, windows, interior detail w leather conditioning as well as the ceramic tint on windows. We are skipping the windshield for tinting because with our luck we will get a rock chips. We may change our mind down the road but for now we are leaving that off the punch list.

I hope ours looks as slick as yours when she comes out. We will be without her for almost a week. I checked on powder coating the calipers and that would take another week from a different shop. I am going to park that idea for a while so we can just enjoy the car vs being without the car while she continues to get beautified.

Love the color and the shine is beautiful. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Paint Measurement

I was told the same thing by the PA shop that did the prep, film and ceramic coat on my Giulia. Glad to hear your happy with your ceramic paint coating.
Our detailer used meter to measure the depth and I think ours came out at 6.5 which is about right for most cars. However, he caveated that with the meter don't measure the tri-coats properly because it picks up from the last coat of paint. Since there are layers it is better than the meter.

Other folks that have seen the Rosso Comp in the light say wow that is the best red they have seen and better than the Tesla and the Lexus. Hmmm. I will say we have always been impressed by the lexus red when we have seen it and I saw the Tesla red when our neighbor had a loaner while his black Tesla was in for a check up. So maybe not a bad comparison.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just picked up my car after having it ceramic coated with Gyeon Dureflex on the body, rims and calipers. The finish is fantastic and the depth of shine. The shop said the quality of paint on the Alfa is one of the best out there for a new car...happy to hear that about our cars.

Just did mine in the DIY Gyeon Can Coat but the pro ones are a bit thicker. NICE!! I’d recommend do your windows in Gyeon Q2 View. You won’t regret it. So easy to clean the car now.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd say for most people, applying a ceramic coating to a brand new vehicle is a good way to go. That said, don't think that a coating is an invisible force field, you must still wash the car carefully and that means besides buying a coating, make sure you have all the right equipment to carefully wash and dry your coated truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts