Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I’m a new member on the forum so Hello to you all!
Me and my husband are expecting our first baby and we bought the Guilia Veloce 6 months ago. We are having massive issues finding a baby car seat that fits the car. Issues as in...we’ve tried 7 apparently ‘compatible’ seats but none are deemed safe!! The problem is that the Veloce seats are the moulded sport seats (think its known as Ti Sport in the USA) and not the flat seats in the normal Guilia (which I assume is the Guilia which has been deemed compatible on the baby seat websites- it seems that the Guilia Veloce and the Quadrifoglio have not been tested?!)
This means that when the seats are fitted in the Veloce, there is a huge gap under the baby seat between the baby seat and the car seat-this gap makes the seat unstable apparently. Then if the baby seat is tilted to eliminate the gap, this causes the angle of the baby seat to become too vertical and baby’s head to flop forward.

I wonder if anybody has any experience of baby seats in the Guilia Veloce (Ti Sport) or the quadrifoglio? Really didn’t anticipate to have such trouble!
Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Me and my husband are expecting our first baby and we bought the Guilia Veloce 6 months ago. We are having massive issues finding a baby car seat that fits the car. Issues as in...we’ve tried 7 apparently ‘compatible’ seats but none are deemed safe!! The problem is that the Veloce seats are the moulded sport seats (think its known as Ti Sport in the USA) and not the flat seats in the normal Guilia (which I assume is the Guilia which has been deemed compatible on the baby seat websites- it seems that the Guilia Veloce and the Quadrifoglio have not been tested?!)
This means that when the seats are fitted in the Veloce, there is a huge gap under the baby seat between the baby seat and the car seat-this gap makes the seat unstable apparently. Then if the baby seat is tilted to eliminate the gap, this causes the angle of the baby seat to become too vertical and baby’s head to flop forward.

I wonder if anybody has any experience of baby seats in the Guilia Veloce (Ti Sport) or the quadrifoglio? Really didn’t anticipate to have such trouble!
Thanks a lot in advance!
First, congratulations on the baby! Second, can you take some pictures of the seat? I might have some recommendations.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts

Thanks a lot in advance!
Yes congrats on the baby and the car! If you do a forum search on baby seats you’ll find several threads on this topic with some possibilities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts