Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
The hood is large and requires a lot of protective packaging. The packaging will weigh 50+ kg and there is likely to be a surcharge for the size of the package.
I don't think many people in the USA have any idea of how to buy a hood from etuners motorsport in hungary. Maybe @Alfissimo can figure it out.

For my Q4 I bought a used CF hood that was already painted the correct color, avoiding the issues and cost of cleaning, matching paint, blending etc. The hood came off of a car with far more front end damage than the car shown above, and has no evidence of any damage.
Definitely expensive to ship.

If someone wants help with e-tuners, let me know.

·
Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Fair point. I am still surprised he got everything fixed for under $30K US. He’s repairing a Nuremberg record setting saloon with a modified Ferrari 154 engine in it—not a Corolla. Videos like this piss me off because they are intentionally misleading.
How's the video misleading? I , along with most people were pretty interested to see the pricing on some of the parts, and for myself, yes I was a bit shocked at some of the parts cost. This was not my QV, as stated in video, it was a QV found elsewhere and out of curiosity I got all the repair info on it and decided to share because people are just curious to know.
Also, where you live depends on costs, so don't be surprised that it came under 30K USD, this was done in Canada, and perhaps it's cheaper to fix here in general.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
How's the video misleading? I , along with most people were pretty interested to see the pricing on some of the parts, and for myself, yes I was a bit shocked at some of the parts cost. This was not my QV, as stated in video, it was a QV found elsewhere and out of curiosity I got all the repair info on it and decided to share because people are just curious to know.
Also, where you live depends on costs, so don't be surprised that it came under 30K USD, this was done in Canada, and perhaps it's cheaper to fix here in general.
Apologies, but it’s clickbait at its finest. It’s a high performance vehicle—going to be expensive to fix. You made it clickbait, misleading and biased by using an image like this:

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

21 - 24 of 24 Posts