Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity I inquired about a QV that was in a crash, to see how much it would cost to bring it back to normal shape. The dealer provided me with a detailed quote outlining every little thing needed, and the end result was rather shocking to hear how much the total was in the end!
These cars are not cheap to fix by all means, and I think the more that get crashed, the more insurance figures that out and jacks up the rates even higher...
Anyways, check out the video for the total $$ and thank you in advance!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
the hood cost is extremely high, you can purchase if for around 2100 euros from an oem supplier in europe, total cost should be 2500 to north america shipped.
I’m not so sure they even replaced the hood. I would be skeptical. I could see them pulling something like that. I mean if I owned it and they said let’s make a deal I’ll give you half….

·
Registered
17' Quadrifoglio
109 Posts
I’m not so sure they even replaced the hood. I would be skeptical. I could see them pulling something like that. I mean if I owned it and they said let’s make a deal I’ll give you half….
many go in giving an estimate reflecting the cost of all the parts being replaced, not checking if anything can be saved, and in most cases they get a discount on parts if they are certified center for stellantis.

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Ti Lusso
30 Posts
This is when a postal delivery truck tried to make a U-turn thru my alfa. 😢 The count is $7400 for door skin, wheel and quarter panel. Good thing the postal truck had the big rubber corner bumpers or it could be way worse. Took 2 months just to get it into the body shop and it's been in there over a month already...nearly 85 cars sitting outside waiting for various repairs and parts.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very similar damage to my wife's QV Stelvio that was hit from a large tree limb as she was driving.
27K was the repair cost. No structural damage. New quarter panel, nose, headlights, hood all OEM bits and Trofeo paint on the entire front end. Top body shop, who is a close friend. he made approx. 30% profit, which is reasonable. insurance claim

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,271 Posts
the hood cost is extremely high, you can purchase if for around 2100 euros from an oem supplier in europe, total cost should be 2500 to north america shipped.
Really? In the USA the carbon fiber hood has been running about $7500 US new, about what he quoted in $CDN. Keep in mind that shipping on such a large part can be fairly pricy, especially if you will not accept it being put on the slow boat. Even a Chinese made copy of the hood runs nearly what you quoted:

Curiously the price quoted for the windshield seems low.

4 wheel alignment costs about $250 US not $750 CDN.

As for other reports of repair costs: quarter panel repair is very labor intensive.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Anyone who knows anything about a QV would look at that damage and see at least $30K USD. He’s acting shocked that a FULL carbon fiber, painted hood is $7K.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
it comes unpainted i’m pretty sure
Fair point. I am still surprised he got everything fixed for under $30K US. He’s repairing a Nuremberg record setting saloon with a modified Ferrari 154 engine in it—not a Corolla. Videos like this piss me off because they are intentionally misleading.

·
Registered
17' Quadrifoglio
109 Posts
Really? In the USA the carbon fiber hood has been running about $7500 US new, about what he quoted in $CDN. Keep in mind that shipping on such a large part can be fairly pricy, especially if you will not accept it being put on the slow boat. Even a Chinese made copy of the hood runs nearly what you quoted:

Curiously the price quoted for the windshield seems low.

4 wheel alignment costs about $250 US not $750 CDN.

As for other reports of repair costs: quarter panel repair is very labor intensive.
yes there is a supplier etuners motorsport located in hungary, and it’s also where the composite is made for the hood. the hood itself weighs 5.1 kg, so shipping cost should be large for the size not the weight aspect.

·
Registered
17' Quadrifoglio
109 Posts
Fair point. I am still surprised he got everything fixed for under $30K US. He’s repairing a Nuremberg record setting saloon with a modified Ferrari 154 engine in it—not a Corolla. Videos like this piss me off because they are intentionally misleading.
that’s why for damage to many cars the insurance just totals it, instead of even having to wait for parts that are on back order

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,271 Posts
yes there is a supplier etuners motorsport located in hungary, and it’s also where the composite is made for the hood. the hood itself weighs 5.1 kg, so shipping cost should be large for the size not the weight aspect.
The hood is large and requires a lot of protective packaging. The packaging will weigh 50+ kg and there is likely to be a surcharge for the size of the package.
I don't think many people in the USA have any idea of how to buy a hood from etuners motorsport in hungary. Maybe @Alfissimo can figure it out.

For my Q4 I bought a used CF hood that was already painted the correct color, avoiding the issues and cost of cleaning, matching paint, blending etc. The hood came off of a car with far more front end damage than the car shown above, and has no evidence of any damage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts