• What?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in contact with Porterfield brakes about making some Giulia 2.0 (US, Base/Ti) pads for front and rear using the Raybestos ST43 compound. For those that know the compound, it's supposed to be damned good for every day street driving and the occasional track use.

Single set (both front/rear) costs are as follows:
Front: $299
Rear: $189

I was told that a set of 5 (front/rear) would lower that to:
Front: $254.15
Rear: $160.65

I don't know if there would be anymore savings beyond that for a larger order, but you never know.

Personally I am not interested at the single price, but may be willing to go in on the discounted cost.

Let me know if you would be interested.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't even need brakes just yet, but count me in.

Even better, they're within driving distance for me, so I can just go pick them up!

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't even need brakes just yet, but count me in.

Even better, they're within driving distance for me, so I can just go pick them up!
OK, now that has me thinking... If you would be willing to pick all of them up and ship them out, that could save a bit on initial shipping costs. Interested? I can handle the cash and ordering part.

·
Registered
347 Posts
OK, now that has me thinking... If you would be willing to pick all of them up and ship them out, that could save a bit on initial shipping costs. Interested? I can handle the cash and ordering part.
As long as we don't end up with 400 orders, lol. Yeah. I'm game. I'd have to work around my work schedule, so there's a possibility that it might take an extra few days as compared to getting it shipped direct.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as we don't end up with 400 orders, lol. Yeah. I'm game. I'd have to work around my work schedule, so there's a possibility that it might take an extra few days as compared to getting it shipped direct.
I don't think that would be a problem at all.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sweet. Just let me know what kind of timetabe we're looking at, I'll see what I can do. Forwarning, though; at the middle of July I'm going out of town for a while for work.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone else want to get on board? I'd love to reduce the cost a bit more. This still feels expensive to me. Maybe they are just that good though, so who knows.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry folks. I bought a set of EBC yellows F/R for this year. I will look into this again for next year, and maybe by then we'll have even more options out there to choose from.

If anyone is still really interested in this, I was not working any magic. I just contacted Porterield about making them.

BTW - The EBC Yellow Stuff (Street/Track) pads were $288 front and rear from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sorry folks. I bought a set of EBC yellows F/R for this year. I will look into this again for next year, and maybe by then we'll have even more options out there to choose from.

If anyone is still really interested in this, I was not working any magic. I just contacted Porterield about making them.

BTW - The EBC Yellow Stuff (Street/Track) pads were $288 front and rear from Amazon.
The EBC Yellow stuff for my Quad fronts for the Front axle so both wheels, cost me $122 direct from ebc uk shop.

- UK site

EBC Brakes | Shop EBC Brakes offers Free Ground Shipping on orders over $50.00! - USA site. $171 for the Ti front set and $211 for the Quad.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
After tax from amazon it was $288 total for all 4 wheels.
Front: DP42325R - $174
Rear: DP42315R - $114
I just realised it was all 4 corners. Amended my post before seeing this ;) Still I am amazed the Quad fronts only cost me $122 direct from EBC! :eek: Rears (same as the front Ti ones) are less than $100 but I am leaving them stock for now.

·
Vendor
2,121 Posts

·
Vendor
2,121 Posts
I didn't know that, I will now pass all ST43R QV pad sales to you! Impartial my ass. :D
I did not mean to take over anything here. lol. ;) I was just mentioning I have the CCB brake pads from Giro available. I have been in contact with Porterfield as they are not far from me. I put this on the back burner as I was busy with other things but will get something done asap. Thanks @JeFizz

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks JeFizz, Jason, i'll continue my conversation separately.
Thanks for sharing the correct EBC part numbers too, that helps referencing other brake pads! ( for the 2.0 owners that is )

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 28 Posts