Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trading my C4S in for a GQ. My main concern is the ground clearance for going over speed bumps/ humps as well as for winter driving. Also for coming onto and off of inclined driveways. Does anyone have any real world experience for what this is like? My C4S has been quite practical to drive four seasons and in the above situations for the past ten years. Thanks for the advice in advance.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
The GQ has 3.9" of clearance. My C4S has about 6". I'd be grateful if you could tell me your experience with speed bumps/ humps.
I have a sloped driveway with cobblestone at the entrance...so I am always turning to enter it as that is the only way from the position of the driveway to the street..have not had an issue...in my development there are speed bumps at certain segments in the roadway, again no issue other than slowing down to not take them at speed for obvious reasons.head on at slow speed up and over...the ONLY thing that I have been more cognizant on is parking nose in because of the cement railroad ties you see in some parking lots....and the PDC works very well in that respect...
Hope that helps...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm considering trading my C4S in for a GQ. My main concern is the ground clearance for going over speed bumps/ humps as well as for winter driving. Also for coming onto and off of inclined driveways. Does anyone have any real world experience for what this is like? My C4S has been quite practical to drive four seasons and in the above situations for the past ten years. Thanks for the advice in advance.
I have no issue with the front splitter going up and down my very steep dirveway, the bigger issue going up and down steep driveways will be the rear diffuser.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.