Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2021 Alfa Romeo Ti Sport Q2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some minor front end damage on my 2021 Giulia TI Sport that I wanted to get fixed. I took it to the body shop recommended by the dealership and got it repaired. I'm not going to go into what horrible job they did the first time but when I got it back the second time there is something odd that I can't figure out. The grill assembly is protruding out about 1/2 inch from where it should be (see pics). I can't, for the life of me, figure out how this happened.

The shop tried to tell me this is how it's supposed to look. I sent them pictures from before the repair and now they're ghosting me. I then went to the dealership to see if, perhaps, the incorrect part had been supplied. The Service Manager told me that with the 21' models there is no difference in dimensions for the trim levels below the QV and that the grill on my car was not a QV grill.

Since the grill assembly, basically, gets inserted from the front and screwed in from the back I'm stumped as to how this happened. Wanted to see what other owners might think caused this.

Attachments

· Registered
5,868 Posts
I had some minor front end damage on my 2021 Giulia TI Sport that I wanted to get fixed. I took it to the body shop recommended by the dealership and got it repaired. I'm not going to go into what horrible job they did the first time but when I got it back the second time there is something odd that I can't figure out. The grill assembly is protruding out about 1/2 inch from where it should be (see pics). I can't, for the life of me, figure out how this happened.

The shop tried to tell me this is how it's supposed to look. I sent them pictures from before the repair and now they're ghosting me. I then went to the dealership to see if, perhaps, the incorrect part had been supplied. The Service Manager told me that with the 21' models there is no difference in dimensions for the trim levels below the QV and that the grill on my car was not a QV grill.

Since the grill assembly, basically, gets inserted from the front and screwed in from the back I'm stumped as to how this happened. Wanted to see what other owners might think caused this.
Don’t know what caused it, but it’s definitely not sitting correctly. Should be recessed 1/4”-1/2” towards the top and close to flush with the bumper at the bottom of the “V”.

· Registered
2021 Alfa Romeo Ti Sport Q2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes definitely bring back for correction.
No way I'm taking it back to the same shop. They did more harm than good to my car when they did the first round of repairs. After this second screw up, I'm concerned they'll mess something else up when fixing the grill issue. I made an appointment with the dealer and will have their tech make the correction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts