Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
It's the rarest color of them all. Worldwide, just 2% of all Giulias built so far are Grigio Lipari. In the US, just 0.1%. 23 Giulias in the world with your exterior/interior color combination.
If I may ask..........How many rosso competizione QVs in in US?

OP, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Not to my taste, but to each his own. I'm one of those 28.4%

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Rosso Competizione is by far the most popular color on the Quadrifoglio, both worldwide (35.5%) and in the US (28.4%).
Macgeek sei grande! Grazie!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I know of three Quads on Long Island that are Rosso Competizione.....And Alfa 55 has a beautiful Ti that is also Rosso Competizione :surprise:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I know of three Quads on Long Island that are Rosso Competizione.....And Alfa 55 has a beautiful Ti that is also Rosso Competizione :surprise:
Yes, but do they all have 5 hole wheels? Mine will come in light Tecnicos.....

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm assuming Simey has the dark 5 hole....the others I've seen (including mine) also have the dark 5 hole....In fact....I like the dark 5 hole so much, I bought Chris (Eurocompulsion's) spare dark 5 holes after he put on the light Tecnicos...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I like to stand out...... but then again, who knows when that will be...... LOL

BTW, Grigio Lipari is a very distinguished color, congrats to the OP!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I like to stand out...... but then again, who knows when that will be...... LOL

BTW, Grigio Lipari is a very distinguished color, congrats to the OP!
Lets face it, any Alfa makes you stand out in the crowd.

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I have the dark Tele-Dials...my neighbor has a RC with the bright Tele-Dials....I had never seen them before his
Haha! How long after your Giulia, did your neighbor get his? Mine are Bright teledials, or cinquefoglio, pentafoglio ;)

Love the Grigio and know nothing about the island.

Rosso Competizione is based on an historic, meaningful, traditional, and emotional color. Just like Rosso Corsa for Ferraris, which grew out of Alfa Romeo. Rosso Alfa looks like rosso corsa and I was very close to choosing it, but the Quadrifoglio badge look so good on Competizione, and the shade itself speaks to what I just mentioned above.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Haha! How long after your Giulia, did your neighbor get his? Mine are Bright teledials, or cinquefoglio, pentafoglio ;)

Love the Grigio and know nothing about the island.

Rosso Competizione is based on an historic, meaningful, traditional, and emotional color. Just like Rosso Corsa for Ferraris, which grew out of Alfa Romeo. Rosso Alfa looks like rosso corsa and I was very close to choosing it, but the Quadrifoglio badge look so good on Competizione, and the shade itself speaks to what I just mentioned above.
I believe he got his just before the summer...want to say May...got it from Miller Motors

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My Rosso taken September 10 of this year at the Concorso d' Eleganza at Stony Brook University.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Another new Lipari Grey owner here.

Mine has the tan interior and bright silver 5 holes in front of yellow calipers (I can post pics if you wish, but the color looks just the same as the other similar shots shown earlier in the thread). This paint color was a $600. optional add, per the window sticker.

One unique characteristic of this color is the metal flakes. Under certain lighting conditions these flakes appear as gold, making for sort of a color-changing attribute as the lighting varies. It's really striking - inevitably commented upon favorably by anyone seeing it for the first time.

But here is my question: Is this some sort of a special order color? It is not shown in the hard copy Giulia brochure which I picked up at the dealer, but I do note that it is mentioned at the Alfa website. Any ideas as to why it seems to be relatively uncommon?

DM

1 - 20 of 43 Posts