Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone. I am a new member in the charlotte area. I recently found out my wife is pregnant with our first. I sold my 2016 Z06/z07 I am looking into also replacing my daily driver. I am considering the Quadro. Do any of you put a child seat in the back? Does an infant seat fit in the rear middle?

Do you think that this would be a reasonable daily driver / family car?

Has anyone tracked yours? How do you like them? And lastly what are the current market trends? Any dealers that give consistently good deals on the east coast? Cheers.

J

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My kids are 3 and 5, so seats are forward facing now and we no longer need to carry bulky strollers. That being said, I still haven't fitted a car seat and would only do so on occasion. You will most likely be looking at a Chicco keyfit 30 to start, plus strollers and diaper bags and all that stuff. The trunk isn't terribly large. I'm not sure our full size Chicco stroller would fit, but you could probably fit the bassinet carrier for the Keyfit or a similar seat. Also, the seats don't fold in the QV, so you would be limited in terms of what bulky items you can fit and with a newborn, there is always something. The car does have a top tether for the center, but you are realistically 3 years away from needing it. The latch brackets are technically only for the left and right seats, so you would be using the belt path for the center seat base. All that aside, the backseat is roomy and you should have plenty of room for the car seat. Now when it comes to carrying all the stuff associated with a typical American newborn and the luggage for yourself and your wife, it starts to become apparent why so many of us have an suv or a minivan lol. I think the car would be a great daily driver but a bit of a compromise as a family car depending on if you would need to use it for family trips. Regarding dealers, The Triad (Greensboro dealer) gave us an excellent offer on our trade-in and still some discount on top for the QV. They have quite a few in stock right now too. If you are serious pm me and I can dig up the name of our salesman.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes—baby seats will fit fine. I have two Recaro seats in mine for my 6 and 3 year old without any difficulty. You could easily get a rear-facing seat to go into any of the positions in the back as well. I mean, I fit a rear-facing seat in the GT-R, so the Quad is a piece of cake!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
my advice is go to babierus and try them out with the car rather than buying online (they are accommodating like that). We have an Explorer Limited too and couldn't fit half of the seats babiesrus had (and that's best in class / most cabin room!) unless you want to sit with your face pressed on the windscreen. You really have to account for large bases with the infant seats. In the Alfa we currently have a forward facing booster so that's useless for you.

We ended up with Chicco (really like them we bought the next one up too now he's bigger). Avoid Maxi Cosi, it's like they were made for 1970's station wagons.

Also you need to consider what fits with any stroller you're getting too... it's a pain :) Ended up using the Bjorn more than anything rather than lugging that crud about.

GL and congrats :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
While I haven't had to try to fit a stroller in the trunk yet, I can say that our Chicco car seat fits just fine in the middle of the back seat, zero issues.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that with the rear-facing infant seat in the middle, neither of the front two seats had to be slid forward. I think if the seat is on one side or the other, the front seat will have to be slid up a ways.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
630 Posts
The Giulia is definitely on the compact side of D-segment sedans. As such, the rear seat is going to be more compact whether you're using a child safety seat or not. All rear facing infant seats will sacrifice front seat comfort to some degree. I never tried the infant seat in the center position before but it is the safest position. Putting the rear facing infant seat in the center rear position sometimes means both front seats are less impacted in terms of space and compromise. In other cases, it means both front seats are both squished for room. It really depends on the shape of your particular infant seat, the shape of the rear seat cushion and the shape of the front seat backs and how they all interact.

I have a forward facing child safety seat in the rear outboard position for our 2 year old. Usually it's just me in the car except for when I pick my kid up from school in the afternoon for the short 10 minute trip home. I push the front passenger seat way forward so that he doesn't kick the seat back so much. I'm sure we could fit two more adults in the car without a worry, but I'm not sure how comfortable they'd be for long trips. We have another larger car for that purpose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Our Chicco car seat and stroller combo will be arriving in the next two weeks. After they get in I am planning on taking he wife to look at the QV. We currently have an SUV. Also, so this will primarily not be the baby wagon. I simply want it to be baby capable. My wife is concerned that the Q.V. ride will be too harsh and sporty, whereas that is what I really prefer.

Do the adaptive dampers provide a large variability in ride comfort? Cheers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do the adaptive dampers provide a large variability in ride comfort? Cheers.

Yes, they are VERY different as far as ride comfort. The stiffest setting felt almost like normal mode in my GT-R. The medium setting is softer than the comfort mode of the GT-R. And the softest damper setting is very comfortable--feels like a standard Mercedes or BMW.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got one under 2 currently and another on the way. Rear facing. No issues. Have a mirror. Trunk easily fits a Graco jogger stroller! My little one calls my car Lighting McQueen when we get in the garage! ?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
my kid prefers the Alfa (has taste) to the baby wagon, get a lot of "Red car! Red car!" and "WOW Daddy fast!" :D
Has he or she learned "I won't tell Mommy"?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would one of you mind shoving your stroller in the trunk? And let me know how it goes. Thanks!
I have a chicco viaro traveling system. I leave the base on the right side of the back seat. When I connect the car seat to the base, yes it takes a lot of space, but moving the passenger front seat a bit forward it works just fine. The stroller viaro fits perfectly in the trunk. Of course, when I go to Costco to buy their immense box of toilet paper, I have troubles.. Anyway, with the stroller in the trunk, completely against the backseat I have left 13/14 inches on the front of it. And 9 inches on the side where the wheel of the stroller are connected. See photos. Ohh and there is some space left on top of the stroller as well where you can put a normal box of toilet paper?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Giulia is definitely on the compact side of D-segment sedans. As such, the rear seat is going to be more compact whether you're using a child safety seat or not. All rear facing infant seats will sacrifice front seat comfort to some degree. I never tried the infant seat in the center position before but it is the safest position. Putting the rear facing infant seat in the center rear position sometimes means both front seats are less impacted in terms of space and compromise. In other cases, it means both front seats are both squished for room. It really depends on the shape of your particular infant seat, the shape of the rear seat cushion and the shape of the front seat backs and how they all interact.

I have a forward facing child safety seat in the rear outboard position for our 2 year old. Usually it's just me in the car except for when I pick my kid up from school in the afternoon for the short 10 minute trip home. I push the front passenger seat way forward so that he doesn't kick the seat back so much. I'm sure we could fit two more adults in the car without a worry, but I'm not sure how comfortable they'd be for long trips. We have another larger car for that purpose.

Thanks for the great posts! We have two young children in forward facing car seats in my Mercedes C300, but it is a smaller backseat in the Giulia that we are looking to get. What brand and model do you have in your Giulia? I have seen Chicco mentioned in several threads, but they have lots of models! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks for the great posts! We have two young children in forward facing car seats in my Mercedes C300, but it is a smaller backseat in the Giulia that we are looking to get. What brand and model do you have in your Giulia? I have seen Chicco mentioned in several threads, but they have lots of models! Thank you in advance!
Welcome!

We use a Chicco Nextfit for our toddler, currently behind the passenger seat. We have another on the way and have a Chicco KeyFit 30 that fits great behind the passenger too.

So, the infant seat will be behind my wife who is 5'4" and the forward facing convertible will be behind me (I am 6'2"). Both fit great together so two forward facing seats should be fine!

The trunk is plenty big for an umbrella stroller or two and some pack and plays and a couple bags. Or big enough for a single BoB stroller!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts