Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Alfa owners/enthusiasts,
I got my Giulia two weeks back. Just like any one else would say and agree to, driving this car is like having the best dream, happening in reality.
I am both impressed and a little disappointed at the same time. You might have read it in other posts. Am a victim where my car stalled as soon as i refueled. It shifted the gear from Drive to Neutral all by itself :| . Another issue is my 8.8 screen display, it randomly chooses not to turn on with the car. So i got no screen, no rear view camera, pretty much no infotainment. Also, yes, victim of the sound cracking. I got the base audio system.
Its the drive that i can thank for which makes me forget these issues for a while.

Hoping you all don't have to go through all this and enjoy your ride to the fullest.
:D

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Rats, maybe a harness connection? Can you see under the dash at all? A big comb plug next to an aluminum box would be the ecu and main harness connect. They can be stiff and not fully seated. If you see a connection, make sure it's seated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got in touch with alfa premium care, they are trying to get me an appointment with the nearest dealer. (probably 11th april, the earliest)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, have you contacted the dealer at all? What are their responses to all of these issues?
For some reason, I have a feeling that the dealers over here have limited knowledge about Giulia. The sales rep kept saying that my car had navigation (which it does not have) package until I insisted him to verify. So I contacted the Alfa care directly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rats, maybe a harness connection? Can you see under the dash at all? A big comb plug next to an aluminum box would be the ecu and main harness connect. They can be stiff and not fully seated. If you see a connection, make sure it's seated.
I can try that. Love playing with the wires.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Prasanth, I join the others in lamenting your car's problems (and the inept sales rep). I don't know that I'd tinker with even a wiring harness on such a new car. Let Alfa own the whole thing, and fix it to your satisfaction, without them having excuses about signs of tampering. Once you're secure about the car, then tinker away. That's what I do with my cars (but I put buying a Giulia on hold due to electronic gremlins\ghosts in the machine.
Flyby out

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Prasanth, I join the others in lamenting your car's problems (and the inept sales rep). I don't know that I'd tinker with even a wiring harness on such a new car. Let Alfa own the whole thing, and fix it to your satisfaction, without them having excuses about signs of tampering. Once you're secure about the car, then tinker away. That's what I do with my cars (but I put buying a Giulia on hold due to electronic gremlins\ghosts in the machine.
Flyby out
I'm with Flyby on this one. Your dealer can void your warranty if they want once you touch it. Besides, no matter how simple it might actually be, AR needs the feedback from the dealer about what to address on the assembly line in Cassino.

You paid for this repair when you bought the car. It's called a warranty. I'd want to know why I have to wait so long to get it looked at. We're talking two weeks of dead time before they can even look at the car. That's absolute BS. I've gone round and round with FCA and my 4C. Tell them that this is just not acceptable. If they want to succeed in America, they NEED to improve their customer service. Two weeks is not improvement and is not acceptable.

Reactions: Flyby

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm with Flyby on this one. Your dealer can void your warranty if they want once you touch it. Besides, no matter how simple it might actually be, AR needs the feedback from the dealer about what to address on the assembly line in Cassino.

You paid for this repair when you bought the car. It's called a warranty. I'd want to know why I have to wait so long to get it looked at. We're talking two weeks of dead time before they can even look at the car. That's absolute BS. I've gone round and round with FCA and my 4C. Tell them that this is just not acceptable. If they want to succeed in America, they NEED to improve their customer service. Two weeks is not improvement and is not acceptable.
So true. If they continue this customer support, they can never establish in this country.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Right on point, Racer Z. AR needs to bust @ss to get it's dealers on the ball with customer service if it (AR) wants to be successful here, or it's liable to blow away as another failed attempt. It's so close to being a huge hit. I don't know why it came up short in the R&D phase of of vetting some of the Giulia's components. But given that there seems to be quite a few issues among so few cars sold, one would expect anyone selling the cars to be A-holes and elbows in showing eagerness to make things right. Service after the sale is most important now. imo. And that needs to be seen only in the best light. (IMO).
Flyby out

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The funny part though, my car came with all the possible issues that were mentioned in these forums. No discount in that. :crying:

·
Registered
43 Posts
my heart goes out to you

I hope AR steps up and you can finally enjoy some of the new-car happiness you paid for.
Flyby out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts