Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for joining :) Love those rims.. look great! How long have you had her? Excellent experience so far? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took ownership of it june 2017.

Car has driven up till today almost 23000 km, which would be like 14000 miles.

Didn't have any issues serious issues until today, door knobs were replaced under warranty since they sometimes got stuck.
I am not able to get the greatest fuel economy :), on average 9,5l/100 km, around 30 mpg I would say. But that old coupe used same amount of fuel for only 130 hp, this one has almost 300 hp. So why complain.

Love driving that car

·
Registered
78 Posts
She's beautiful, welcome to the forums. I lurked for a while before joining too! So much great information on here.

Where in Belgium are you? I visited Bruges a few years back and was blown away at how much I enjoyed myself (with my wife). of course it was a short stay and there was a LOT of Tripel Karmeliet but still, very pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I live near the Center of Belgium.

Never been to Bruges to be honest :). Just pass along when going to the coast.

I always enjoy going to the States (mostly Orlando for convention) and cruising in the caribbean with my american friends.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I took ownership of it june 2017.

Car has driven up till today almost 23000 km, which would be like 14000 miles.

Didn't have any issues serious issues until today, door knobs were replaced under warranty since they sometimes got stuck.
I am not able to get the greatest fuel economy :), on average 9,5l/100 km, around 30 mpg I would say. But that old coupe used same amount of fuel for only 130 hp, this one has almost 300 hp. So why complain.

Love driving that car
Just to clarify: 9.5l/100km is 25MPG in USA units and 30MPG in British units. British gallons are larger than USA gallons.

I drive my Q4 a lot on the highway and get about 32MPG USA (6.7l/100km) at a mix of speeds ranging from 100kph to 120kph when on more-or-less flat and straight roads. Fuel use is noticeably lower than that average at 100kph and noticeably higher at 120kph. The fuel efficiency is markedly worse in the mountains perhaps in part because I pay a lot less attention to speed enforcement and/or controlling my fuel use :)

I've been to Antwerp a few times. It is a nice city to visit, but a terrible place to drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to clarify: 9.5l/100km is 25MPG in USA units and 30MPG in British units. British gallons are larger than USA gallons.

I drive my Q4 a lot on the highway and get about 32MPG USA (6.7l/100km) at a mix of speeds ranging from 100kph to 120kph when on more-or-less flat and straight roads. Fuel use is noticeably lower than that average at 100kph and noticeably higher at 120kph. The fuel efficiency is markedly worse in the mountains perhaps in part because I pay a lot less attention to speed enforcement and/or controlling my fuel use :)

I've been to Antwerp a few times. It is a nice city to visit, but a terrible place to drive.

Nowadays I can keep it in a 8 - 8,5 l/100 km range if I don't use the potential.
Stay below 100 km/h and straight flat roads, terrific mileage.
Also, if the engine gets heated up properly, your mileage goes way up as well.

On german autobahn, that is another story though :), but a fun one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts