Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Male, mid-sixties and last drove an Alfa in the U.S. in the late 1980's it was the "Milano". I've loved this marque all of my adult life and thrilled to have them back. The Giulia is perfect for me, but I'm waiting a bit to see how the reliability issues work out. Comments from you on the 2.0 car? In my opinion, FCA has to overcome any and all reliability issues quickly. The car has passed with flying colors its safety tests and the reviews are very positive, but whether the car only sees the shop for scheduled maintenance rather than constants niggling problems is hugely important.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey there JW,
In my fifth month of bliss with my 2.0 Giulia, 3300 joyful miles logged here in north GA. Car built in April 2017. No problems encountered. I'd say it was just like every other car I have owned over the years. It has its' quirks and foibles, but no trips back to the dealer yet for me.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Also X3 on the test-drive warning. DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR UNLESS YOU'RE OPEN TO OWNERSHIP.

Just surpassed my 6600'th mile since April purchase with only early-adopter (my car was sold 5 days off the transport-truck) software glitches and a wonky, mis-adjusted headlight. Actual owner's truth!

From May 1st onward... FANTASTIC experience. The engineering, handling, torque monster engine, impressive looks, comfort, drivability, exotic-car appeal, etc. I am extremely pleased. Particularly love the MB, BMW and Audi envy that accompanies ownership.

This forum has also been super-helpful. I got tips, tactics, technical insights and humor from here. Also member-transparency for those who have had problems, which get plenty of attention and assistance from other owners and FCA insiders, including Alfa-Cares.

Hope you can join the fun.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

We're in our sixth month of Giulia ownership and logged just over 10,000 miles already. Our 2.0 has been flawless. I agree that you shouldn't test drive a new Alfa (or a used Alfa) unless your prepared to purchase it.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I've had my Ti Lusso Q4 for just over 4 weeks now. The only notable problem I've had, is having to fight the urge to open the kitchen door and stand there staring at it in the garage. It's magnetic. It calls to me... beckons me. If it had a tail, it would be wagging, ready to play. The warnings are true; don't test drive one if you aren't prepared to buy one, because it's like going to the animal shelter to just 'look' at the puppies. You'll wind up taking one home.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
5th month of Quad ownership.....nothing but ACES !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts