Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my QV back from the dealer.........

It was in for front rotors, front brake pads, brake flush, alignment and oil and filter change.

I am happy to say that Alfa Romeo picked up the tab for the cost of the labor and the rotors and pads replacement after my adventure at Lime Rock Park...........
of course oil change and filter were covered also under warranty......

So, for as much crap Alfa Romeo has taken from a few unlucky fellows, I wanted to publicly thank AR for standing behind my QV "brake issue", no question asked......... :smile2:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

It was in for front rotors, front brake pads, brake flush, alignment and oil and filter change.

I am happy to say that Alfa Romeo picked up the tab for the cost of the labor and the rotors and pads replacement after my adventure at Lime Rock Park...........

So, for as much crap Alfa Romeo has taken from a few unlucky fellows, I wanted to publicly thank AR for standing behind my QV "brake issue", no question asked......... :smile2:

WHAT!!! THE BRAKES!. Got to ask...You don't track that car right? If so wouldn't they call that abuse? I have CCMs and sort of curious about that. I have a current issue with my start / stop was starting again with my foot still on the brake and now it just doesn't come on at all so thinking it is the battery. I got a hold of Alfa Care and they sad it was dealership discretion (concerning since it is not the selling dealer) however, they will cover it if it turns out to be a battery. Nothing else I can think of that would cause that. However, I have had the same experience with Alfa Romeo customer care running interference if I need to for "maintenance" items.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Awesome. I have my Quad at the dealership right now for brake squeal and they are awaiting approval to replace the rotors and pads. Hopefully I have the same positive outcome.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHAT!!! THE BRAKES!. Got to ask...You don't track that car right? If so wouldn't they call that abuse? I have CCMs and sort of curious about that. I have a current issue with my start / stop was starting again with my foot still on the brake and now it just doesn't come on at all so thinking it is the battery. I got a hold of Alfa Care and they sad it was dealership discretion (concerning since it is not the selling dealer) however, they will cover it if it turns out to be a battery. Nothing else I can think of that would cause that. However, I have had the same experience with Alfa Romeo customer care running interference if I need to for "maintenance" items.
I wouldn't call 60 minutes of track time "tracking the car"......

The pads were overly worned and the rotors warped and cracked......

The only question AR asked the dealer was if the car had been modded..... obviously the answer was no, therefore they covered it under warranty.....

I am not saying they will do it as a rule, but they did it for my car and I was surprised and grateful at the same time....

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I wouldn't call 60 minutes of track time "tracking the car"......

The pads were overly worned and the rotors warped and cracked......

The only question AR asked the dealer was if the car had been modded..... obviously the answer was no, therefore they covered it under warranty.....

I am not saying they will do it as a rule, but they did it for my car and I was surprised and grateful at the same time....

That is your story and you are sticking to it>:) Actually. I agree with you. It appears to be 1) how the dealer presents the issue to AR for warranty and 2) what AR will do. AR did tell me that if the battery is not covered at the dealer they would cover it on the back end. Instead they made a phone call to the dealer. My experience has been positive as well. How though did the brakes wear that fast? Did they provide any explanation that would cause it not to repeat again? Just curious, I am going out on a limb asking but those were steel and not ceramic?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Awesome. I have my Quad at the dealership right now for brake squeal and they are awaiting approval to replace the rotors and pads. Hopefully I have the same positive outcome.
Same question. Are CCMs getting replaced under warranty or steel?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
the tires are so sticky and the brake by wire is so effective that you apparently don't get "normal" indications, like fade, that they are cooking big time.
his were steel, cc lasts longer for track use (see call me Al's posts) but they stlll wear out under heavy use.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is your story and you are sticking to it>:) Actually. I agree with you. It appears to be 1) how the dealer presents the issue to AR for warranty and 2) what AR will do. AR did tell me that if the battery is not covered at the dealer they would cover it on the back end. Instead they made a phone call to the dealer. My experience has been positive as well. How though did the brakes wear that fast? Did they provide any explanation that would cause it not to repeat again? Just curious, I am going out on a limb asking but those were steel and not ceramic?
They were steel.

Pads wore down and rotors warped and cracked while the QV was driven for 3 20 min. sessions at Lime Rock Park.

There was another QV at the same event and his pads and rotors were perfectly fine.........

Who knows what happened.......0:)

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There was another QV at the same event and his pads and rotors were perfectly fine.........

Who knows what happened.......0:)
I think somehow I was slightly less hard on my brakes than you were on yours. Your pads literally looked like 3M scouring pads after with the fibers all separated looking like they were trying to escape the horror! :wink2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
How to account for style, some sort of data recorder?

·
Registered
402 Posts

that's fantastic service!! How many miles on the QV when you took it in? And, who is your dealer>? Dealers who do a great job coordinating this stuff should get public appreciation!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How to account for style, some sort of data recorder?
Just an in car video, no data recorded......

I drove it the same way I drive my race car, threshold braking as late as possible, then trail braking till the apex while carrying as much speed as possible and getting the car to rotate, at apex WOT till the next turn.......

That is basically my routine.....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's fantastic service!! How many miles on the QV when you took it in? And, who is your dealer>? Dealers who do a great job coordinating this stuff should get public appreciation!
I had about 4000 miles on the QV, and didn't argue with me (because I didn't have 10,000 miles) about the complimentary oil change......

Alfa Romeo of Portland Maine took great care of my QV!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Awesome DMD! "Cah'nt get theyh-uh from heyh-uh" ["Can't get there from" here n Mainer accent] ;)

I just called Central Alfa of Norwood to check on my tire. They ordered it and it will be here Monday. I need to call service back to set up the appointment. They have oil filter kits there too, so I can pick that up when I drop off the wheel. And we have a backup plan if the machines decide to chew on my driver's side 5-hole this time. Wheel guy did a good job. Road hazard will cover the tire and or wheel. I will pay for the filter and oil. Filter kit is $60.

Reactions: BostonDMD

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Going to try another dealership here locally as my favorite one changed ownership in terms of the service manager and now is terrible. If not maybe Ill have to drive up for proper service a few times a year :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts