Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not bad, took about 2 weeks to get from the Sauber site. Got the team white and red with the big Alfa Romeo script on it. Just, in time to leave for a day drive up the Lake Michigan coast to harbor and wine country :grin2:

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport
71 Posts
Yes it is VERY expensive. I have ordered merchandise off the official F1 site and I believe it comes from Great Britian. Got here in a couple of weeks but the DVD that was supposed to be compatible for U.S. Playback wasn't. And no refunds or exchanges. Never again! You can get a variety of F1 team apparel via Amazon and they have fantastic refund and exchange policies.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yep. Skipping the F1. Picked up a nice Alfa Romeo Hat with the little quadrifoglio on the back, classy and a nice key chain at the dealership this morning. I am going to get the Weathertec jacket off the AR shopping site but drop ship merchandise is not refundable or exchangeable. So their sizing better be dead on. Not a fan of the colors of the F1 stuff. Maybe a hat for my husband.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,061 Posts
Not bad, took about 2 weeks to get from the Sauber site. Got the team white and red with the big Alfa Romeo script on it. Just, in time to leave for a day drive up the Lake Michigan coast to harbor and wine country :grin2:
M-22?

http://www.m22michigan.com/

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, we were at the lower end up the Red Arrow Highway to St. Joseph. Perfect day, nice dinner overlooking the lake. We only live 12 miles from Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Just ordered mine a week ago. Got the confirmation that it shipped. I was a little surprised that insured post cost about half of what the shirt cost which drove the price up. I think it was 100 euro with shipping.

I hope their sizing was correct or it will be headed back. Things in Europe tend to run a little smaller and let's just say i'm not a small guy. :wink2:

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered mine a week ago. Got the confirmation that it shipped. I was a little surprised that insured post cost about half of what the shirt cost which drove the price up. I think it was 100 euro with shipping.

I hope their sizing was correct or it will be headed back. Things in Europe tend to run a little smaller and let's just say i'm not a small guy. :wink2:
When, ordering overseas, I order one size up. Seems to work for me.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
The F1 sizes are pretty good US wise. All my Ferrari shirts have fit fine in L. I ordered my Sauber shirt last week and hope it gets here by Sunday for the Tutto Italiano show at the auto museum. I have a set of black shorts that will work great with it too. ;) No black shoes however. The cap is on the way from F1, shirt from Sauber. We'll see. Poor Le Clerc had another DNF.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Yes it is VERY expensive. I have ordered merchandise off the official F1 site and I believe it comes from Great Britian. Got here in a couple of weeks but the DVD that was supposed to be compatible for U.S. Playback wasn't. And no refunds or exchanges. Never again! You can get a variety of F1 team apparel via Amazon and they have fantastic refund and exchange policies.
What format is that DVD? I'll bet that it can be played on a PC (one with a CD/DVD drive). Did you try that yet?

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport
71 Posts
Great suggestion! I never thought of trying that but will give it a go this weekend and report back. The DVD is 'F1: How It Was' and is in the European PAL format, coded for region 2. Neither my DVD nor Blu-Ray player are compatible. Upon inserting the disc and starting up both display a 'Cannot play' error message. While many players do have hidden codes (button sequences) to get around the region coding restriction they still only play in the television format of the country they are sold in. And here in the US that is the NTSC format. There are some universal players out there that are compatible with the three major formats (PAL, NTSC, SECAM) but they are very expensive and intended more for non-consumer use.

·
Registered
68 Posts
in case anyone has the sauber shirt, be careful when washing it. I just washing mine on a gentle, cold cycle and let it air dry. The red from button collar bled into the surrounding area. So...this $100 shirt is somewhat ruined. Don't do what I did. Not sure if the air dry did it or what. I'll have to see if I can salvage it somehow with stain spot treatment.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The players do sometimes allow changing the region code, BUT there is usually a limit on the number of times you are allowed to change it, so please be careful....

·
Registered
476 Posts
No, we were at the lower end up the Red Arrow Highway to St. Joseph. Perfect day, nice dinner overlooking the lake. We only live 12 miles from Lake Michigan.
The wife and I just drove up the Red Arrow from New Buffalo to St. Joe's. (Saw a Stelvio in New Buffalo), ate at the Red Arrow diner, but love the charm of St. Joe's----Thinking of getting a Summer home in the area close to the lake...

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The wife and I just drove up the Red Arrow from New Buffalo to St. Joe's. (Saw a Stelvio in New Buffalo), ate at the Red Arrow diner, but love the charm of St. Joe's----Thinking of getting a Summer home in the area close to the lake...
Next time you are in New Buffalo try Brewsters restaurant. It doesn't sound like it but it is a very good Italian place. Dinner for 2 starts at $32 and includes soup or salad (The Gazpacho is GREAT!) a wood fired pizza and split an entrée with cookie and coffee for desert. It has a wonderful outdoor dining area. Saw a 4C last weekend in New Buffalo. We live in Valparaiso IN and Michigan is the closet place with some decent roads. Especially around the wineries

Reactions: Tazio!1901

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just got back from a vacation in Greece and like an idiot I never visited any Alfa Romeo stores/dealers (of which there are many) to find some relatively inexpensive merchandise. Guess I was having to great a time. It dawned on me as soon as I got back. I was more mesmerized with the presence of Alfas we haven't had here in the States in over a generation, like the 147 GTA or the 156 & 159 Sport or the Brera S.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Got mine the day AFTER Tutto. Ah well. The shirt is a bit smaller. Especially in the sleeves. They are cut tighter around the armpit and cuff. I hang dry it. Yes it's expensive but not really much more than MLB or NFL stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ciao Mia Scusi, Will keep Brewsters in mind. (Red arrow was good but really high noise level at lunch so not very relaxing atmosphere)--Also heard from friends that Grand Mere and Redamak are also good area restaurants. You are right, some nice roads and scenery all up and down the Red Arrow highway...(For sure, it would be great navigating in a 4C!)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got mine the day AFTER Tutto. Ah well. The shirt is a bit smaller. Especially in the sleeves. They are cut tighter around the armpit and cuff. I hang dry it. Yes it's expensive but not really much more than MLB or NFL stuff.

What size did you get? I normally wear L for most shirts, but European L is more like a US MED.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ciao Mia Scusi, Will keep Brewsters in mind. (Red arrow was good but really high noise level at lunch so not very relaxing atmosphere)--Also heard from friends that Grand Mere and Redamak are also good area restaurants. You are right, some nice roads and scenery all up and down the Red Arrow highway...(For sure, it would be great navigating in a 4C!)
Both are good. But, I have had better burgers than redamac's . But, they do have a huge following. They will close mid-Oct. for the season. We, just took a ride up to St. Joseph today and ate at the Lakehouse that has a good view of the Lake. They have good food. It is on the red arrow right before you get into town. Love their Philly steak sandwich. The closet to tasting like a real one that I have found since leaving the East coast 37 years ago. It would be nice to arrange a fall winery drive for the area Alfa Owners. Round Barn winery is going to continue their popular concert weekends into the fall. The bands were pretty good this summer. They also, have a brewery and make some hard liquor as well. Caught 2 people taking pictures of my car downtown and several compliments. Had a woman follow me out of the restaurant and stated she WANTS one, NOW. Her and her husband did not know what it was and had googled it while eating. To bad, they had just bought a Lexus.

Reactions: Tazio!1901
1 - 20 of 23 Posts