Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I got my first Alfa yesterday! I've been wanting one since I was a teenager in Rome and learned to drive in a rusted Fiat 127. My grandmother drove the original Giulia when I was just a little kid and we used to get stopped by the police all the time because it was the same car many criminals drove. Anyhow, more recently, I've gone through a decade long BMW phase: 2006 X5, 2008 535i, 2011 135i, 2016 F80 M3. The M3 was OK but I could never really drive it properly around Boston in my short commutes as that thing was beast. I downgraded to a '14 Mini Countryman which I though would be sensible and save me a bunch of money, but I really didn't like it. Horribly bumpy ride, cheap interior, uncomfortable seats and noisy.

So fast forward to this past weekend, I took the family to the Boston Auto show and spent most of the time looking at the Alfa they had that you could not get into (grr). My wife looks at me and tells me I should buy one. Next day I was at the dealer. I found a 2017 on the lot in the exact color I wanted Vesuvio + Tan interior. It was a base model, but had some nice options (sunroof, nav, heated seats, turbine wheels) and they gave me a killer deal on it since it was a remaining '17.

I am *loving* it so far. Truly a great blend a comfort and sporty ride. Reminds me of what BMWs used to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Congratulations on the new Giulia - and welcome Alfisti.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Beautiful color combo.....Enjoy !!!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awesome, congrats!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! Such a great bunch of people on this forum!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts