Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My QV showed up last week, wow what a car, Im trying to break in the engine but its hard not to hit the gas in race mode, real hard... also finished my build on my Factory Five GTM at the same time... it will go up for sale prob end of year after i get a chance to play with it if your interested, same price as the maxed out QV.. just saying!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Congrats!
Interested to hear how both cars compare/differ....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
That's a cool situation to be in :D How's that GTM on a track do we know? See it has a Vette engine? Looks lovely

·
Registered
17 Posts
Break in the engine in the QV?

What is the break in period for this car? I could have sworn there is no break in for the QV's?

With other vehicles, it's typically 500 miles for the differential to settle in.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Break in the engine in the QV?

What is the break in period for this car? I could have sworn there is no break in for the QV's?

With other vehicles, it's typically 500 miles for the differential to settle in.
Break-in for a QV, after proper warm-up is driving it like you stole it...
Opinions may vary, but it worked well for all my sports cars....

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im following the break in in the book to a point for the 4 cylinder... Im taking it easy but no long idles till 300 miles, then opening it up slowly to about 500 miles... Im doing the Dragon run in a few weeks then when I get back changing the oil

·
Registered
191 Posts
I suspect the QV’s are broken in by the factory. There is no way they put in the break in procedure for the 2L and forgot the 2.9L....or at least that’s what I am hoping because my intention was to take it easy for the first 1,000 miles but I was not able to control myself after about 400 miles. ?

·
Registered
527 Posts
GTM without a wing -- well done sir! I've always liked those!

How is the fit and finish? I've always been curious about them, but heard the FF cars are a bit too kit-car-ish, with fit and finish being not very good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.