Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '17 for $4750 off. This is not a boring and common color scheme; this was an Alfa red RWD 19" Ti Sport with black and tan interior. It also wasn't languishing on the lot. It just arrived less than 2 weeks ago. I bought it in Florida and am shipping it to get the colors and options I wanted.

Another dealer offered me $5k off for a competezione red with red interior, but this one was AWD.

Deals are out there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking . . .

New to the forums -- but have really enjoyed reading and have learned a great deal. I'm in the market for a Ti Sport. My local dealer (Des Moines, IA) not surprisingly has very limited inventory and not the colors I'm interested in. So I told him what I wanted, and he looked around and found a car that he was going to dealer trade to get me. We agreed on $5500 under the $54k MSRP (and a reasonable price on my trade). Seemed like a good deal and I was happy.

Unfortunately, the Giulia he identified sold before he could grab it.

I did my own looking and found a few others that match what I want, although they're at dealers farther away. Sent my dealer the list -- with web links -- on Thursday, but haven't heard back yet.

Can't imagine the dealer is overly busy -- I was in the store last weekend for their Stelvio launch event and I don't think I saw one other shopper the entire 2 hours I was there.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If you are willing to wait and with good negotiating skills, you can order a MY18 with just about the same off MSRP and get CarPlay also along a newer model year.....
For me to buy a 17 model it would have to be well below invoice
Good luck in your Giulia buys.....

Reactions: John_K_348 and Max

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
New to the forums -- but have really enjoyed reading and have learned a great deal. I'm in the market for a Ti Sport. My local dealer (Des Moines, IA) not surprisingly has very limited inventory and not the colors I'm interested in. So I told him what I wanted, and he looked around and found a car that he was going to dealer trade to get me. We agreed on $5500 under the $54k MSRP (and a reasonable price on my trade). Seemed like a good deal and I was happy.

Unfortunately, the Giulia he identified sold before he could grab it.

I did my own looking and found a few others that match what I want, although they're at dealers farther away. Sent my dealer the list -- with web links -- on Thursday, but haven't heard back yet.

Can't imagine the dealer is overly busy -- I was in the store last weekend for their Stelvio launch event and I don't think I saw one other shopper the entire 2 hours I was there.
Yikes, that must have been embarrassing! But it was the weekend before Labor Day.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can be easily pushing for 10% off MSRP and then on top of that the rebates and incentives that Alfa is offering. It stacks up to over $4500 for some areas. In the midwest it's around $3750. I've been offered 19% off MSRP for one in PA after incentives, but still holding out till the 2018's start arriving and they really have to clear out the stock.

Over 2500 Guilias on lots across the country according to cars.com, and only sold 916 last month. Down 18% from the month before. (http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/10/alfa-romeo-giulia-sales-stats-usa-canada.html),

There are going to be some big pushes to move cars off the lots this month and into next since they somehow have to move all that inventory. If you average out the number of alfa dealers across the country, by the number of cars sold. Seems on average each dealer sold 3 cars last month. :surprise:

·
Registered
315 Posts
My local dealer was offering 6k off any Giulias on the lot. of course...there were no quads on the lot...and I was only interest in the quad. :) c'est la vie

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yup, and even then the color choice combinations are stale or overdone for the most part. That's why I ordered mine. Oh and next model year revisions too. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yikes, that must have been embarrassing! But it was the weekend before Labor Day.
It did seem a little embarrassing. They put out a lovely cheese plate as part of the big Stelio event. I had some -- just to be polite. i think the rest was eaten by the sales guys. I was worried it was the only meal they were going to get that month!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
How much should I be aiming for off a Giulia TI AWD? MSRP is $52,735.
Dealer told me i'm eligible for the $2750 rebate.
The one I bought 2 weeks ago was $52,390 MSRP and my dealer was selling it for $46,230. A Monte Carlo Blue Ti Lusso AWD. Deals are still out there.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Wow! That's an absolute steal! After seeing your post I think I'd fee comfortable going in and giving an offer for $45,500?
Sure, why not? Worst they can do is say no, and then you can start to negotiate. They don't have crowds lined up asking to buy these, so you have the negotiating advantage. Don't be afraid to play hardball. Know before you start negotiating, where you can accept a compromise, but don't tell them that. Start by saying something like: "This is where I'm at and what I can do. Can you work with me at this price point?" If they say yes, great. If not, know how far you can move from that amount and still be okay. If they want another $500 will that be acceptable? Don't look eager; look like it's a real struggle to say yes. If you hesitate, they may come back with another offer like: "if we give you the price you asked for, will you buy today?" That's when you suddenly look hopeful and say "Sure! That's why I'm here." That's when they'll start the song and dance of: "Okay, let me talk to the finance manager and see what he says" and you sit there for 15 minutes while they pretend to agonize over whether or not they can agree to your price. It's a game, and they're pros at it. They're watching and looking at your body language. When they leave you alone, don't suddenly look relaxed and confident; they may be watching and you don't know it. Just sit there and look serious and slightly worried. They may not be watching but you never know; they have their tricks. Some dealerships may even have microphones in their sales room, so the sales manager can listen to what you're saying while you're sitting there waiting for your sales person to return. Don't laugh and act like you're playing the game. If you have someone with you, continue your act of being nervous and hopeful. Say things like: "I really hope they don't come back and ask for more money, I want this car but I just can't afford to go any higher." They may not be listening, but conduct yourself as though they are. Doesn't hurt.

When your sales person returns, he/she may have the finance manager with them, and they'll introduce themselves and almost always say something like: "What kind of monthly payment are you looking for?" They never want to give you a hard price; they like to figure out a way to add mark-up to the price and disguise it in a finance plan with a monthly payment you told them you're willing to pay. Don't fall for it. You can respond with something like: "Well we can work that out, but first I want to know what the final price is. Can you sell it to me for (whatever you're asking)?" The finance manager might try and redirect you back to a monthly payment, but insist on the cash price first, so you know what you're financing. They usually don't like to do this, because then they can't add protection packages, and all kinds of other things they won't tell you about until they've typed up the final paperwork and show you the monthly payment you said you would pay.

Insist on knowing what the cash price is before you begin talking financing. The finance manager may struggle with it a bit, but they'll usually counter with a: "If we agree to this price, do we have a deal?" At which point you can say yes, and you've got your deal. Then it's a matter of paperwork. If they promise you anything during negotiations, ALWAYS request they put that in writing; ALWAYS. Otherwise, dealerships are notorious for promising things to get you to sign the contract, and then later the person you talked to doesn't work there anymore, or isn't available, and if it isn't in writing, they don't honor it.

Buying a car should be fun, but it's usually exhausting; even if you're paying cash. For them it's just a job, so don't take it personal. That's just the way it is. However when you pull out of the dealership in your brand new Giulia, your exhaustion will vanish and be replaced by the thrill of your new car. I'm already in love with mine and I've only had it 2 weeks. It's not just because it's new either; I've had many new cars over the years. I always buy new. This car is special in a way that's hard to describe.

Know how much negotiating difference you can accept, and go make your deal. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Also, the finance manager I used was not familiar with FCA 1.9 % for 36 months. Be sure to mention this.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts