Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body else driving their Alfa up to the IMSA race this weekend? We will be there Sunday in our Alfa red Ti sport. Sitting in the shade on the hill between 5 and 6 on the north side of the track. We will have a Golden Retriever with us.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Isn't NASCAR at the Glen this weekend? A couple of friends are going. I've never been a NASCAR guy but I do like the drive down to the Glen.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't NASCAR at the Glen this weekend? A couple of friends are going. I've never been a NASCAR guy but I do like the drive down to the Glen.
I don't follow NASCAR. I have only been to 1 NASCAR race in my life and that was enough. I know. they will be at road America later this month. But, I find the LeMans style cars far more interesting. I have been to the Glen for F1 races and It is a nice track. At 4 miles Road America is the longest track in North America. Beautiful park like sitting and the food and German beer are outstanding.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My fault. The IMSA was just at the Glen last weekend I believe. I am also not a fan of NASCAR and am not going down to the Glen for the race.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"food and German beer are outstanding" check
"longest track in North America" check
"Sitting in the shade" huh? ok, I was only there once, and it's a tough track to learn when it goes from rain to dry and back again before you can rechange your tires, and then practice sessions are cancelled because of heavy rain, and the race is dry, and ....

great place, great track, enjoy!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am!

Any body else driving their Alfa up to the IMSA race this weekend? We will be there Sunday in our Alfa red Ti sport. Sitting in the shade on the hill between 5 and 6 on the north side of the track. We will have a Golden Retriever with us.
I'll be heading up there Sunday as well - Trofeo White/Red Q4. A buddy of mine is bringing his son and I'm bringing my daughter. He's from Naperville, so we'll meet up on 294 and convoy up. He's in a burgundy MB convert.

We'll keep an eye out for the retriever. Where do you typically park?

Marco

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'll be heading up there Sunday as well - Trofeo White/Red Q4. A buddy of mine is bringing his son and I'm bringing my daughter. He's from Naperville, so we'll meet up on 294 and convoy up. He's in a burgundy MB convert.

We'll keep an eye out for the retriever. Where do you typically park?

Marco
Usually, in the woods behind the concession stand on "fireman's" hill where the bridge crosses the track before turn six. Going to be hot tomorrow. Lot's of shade on the north side of the track and good views of turn 5 then the uphill sprint to 6. Our dog has been up there before and tolerates it really well. It is a long day for him to be cooped up in the house. Can't wait for a Brat and the Spatan Opitmier beer. I worked track rescue at RA for about a dozen years and know the track well. I have firefighter plates on my car that say "SCUSI". Got my car at Naperville it's a 75 mile drive from my house in Valparaiso, In.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Safe travels to you. I'll probably be wearing my grey 12 hour of Sebring shirt that I bought at that track earlier this year.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have fun, if we don't meet up. Hope the kids enjoy it. Lot's to do other than the track. Black shirt day for me with an Italian theme.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts