Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when going from Dynamic into Race mode that the car slightly wants to move forward. It feels like the torque converter suddenly has a preload. Does anyone know if this is a feature of race mode? I highly doubt the exhaust opening causes enough extra power to cause this feeling of the car wanting to move.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same here, seems like the tranny gets a preload when in Race mode, to eliminate any slop and get it ready to go, feels generally harsher when driven slowly in race. Dynamic is a perfect compromise, driven the C43 in Race+ and it was almost undriveable, had to upshift manually in 2nd to allow for a smooth start, otherwise my wife would had her neck broken in traffic :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree with Turbodelta, normally I drive in Dynamic with the paddles, and sometimes with the softer shock setting, its a great compromise and also sounds good. I like Race mode, but it can be a bit harsh sometimes for normal driving or slower driving .....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When switching to race mode, if you are in the sub 4,000 rev range, I noticed it bumps up to a go-ready 4,000. Perhaps that's what's causing the pre-load feel?
At idle in Drive. Then switch from Dynamic to Race. Try it and see if you notice the car has a sudden urge to move/preload.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts