Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word that my Ti Sport AWD is slated to start production on Monday. Does anyone have any insight on how long the wait typically is from production to delivery (I’m in North Carolina)? I’m so ready to take her for a spin!

·
Registered
573 Posts
3 to 4 months.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was at my dealers last week and they showed me that the last few cars they had ordered was being delivered within 6-8 weeks.

Note: I live in Sweden.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,671 Posts
My car was ordered about Aug 1 2017, built Sept 2017 and delivered Jan 31, 2018. Maybe worst case timing though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woohoo! I have a VIN and the car is nearing the end of production! If only I could snap my fingers and the car magically travel 5000 miles ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
That’s great! I have never ordered a car before. When I finally decide on a make/model etc, I want to find it and drive it away. While I am very pleased with the Autobarn, I may just order a car for the anticipation!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s great! I have never ordered a car before. When I finally decide on a make/model etc, I want to find it and drive it away. While I am very pleased with the Autobarn, I may just order a car for the anticipation!
I hadn’t planned to order, but I had the time to burn (my current lease isn’t up yet) and there wasn’t a Giulia exactly like I wanted available anywhere in the US. This is the first time I’ve ordered a car, but I like the idea of a car made just for me!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hadn’t planned to order, but I had the time to burn (my current lease isn’t up yet) and there wasn’t a Giulia exactly like I wanted available anywhere in the US. This is the first time I’ve ordered a car, but I like the idea of a car made just for me!
Make sure the dealer doesn't discard the window sticker. At the top of the window sticker, it will state, "This car was built specifically for <full name>." Kind of neat to have.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Make sure the dealer doesn't discard the window sticker. At the top of the window sticker, it will state, "This car was built specifically for <full name>." Kind of neat to have.
That’s pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Just got word that my Ti Sport AWD is slated to start production on Monday. Does anyone have any insight on how long the wait typically is from production to delivery (I’m in North Carolina)? I’m so ready to take her for a spin!
We special ordered our Ti Lusso Q2 in January 2017 and took delivery in May 2017, just about four months. Build & assembly doesn't take very long, it's waiting in staging areas for shipping (on both sides of the pond) for most of that time.

Woohoo! I have a VIN and the car is nearing the end of production! If only I could snap my fingers and the car magically travel 5000 miles ?
VIN or VON? The VIN isn't (usually) published until the car is on the very last leg of the journey -> almost at the dealer. It is possible they found a car matching your build that was able to be rerouted making it possible to get you a car earlier than the four month wait. It has happened.

When we took delivery of our Ti, the status showed that the car was still in JB -- Body Assembly (that's in Italy). When it comes to AR, until you actually see it, it doesn't exist. Sorry to put a damper on your excitement, but we are talking about Alfa Romeo who's unwritten motto is, "You want it when?"

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We special ordered our Ti Lusso Q2 in January 2017 and took delivery in May 2017, just about four months. Build & assembly doesn't take very long, it's waiting in staging areas for shipping (on both sides of the pond) for most of that time.

VIN or VON? The VIN isn't (usually) published until the car is on the very last leg of the journey -> almost at the dealer. It is possible they found a car matching your build that was able to be rerouted making it possible to get you a car earlier than the four month wait. It has happened.

When we took delivery of our Ti, the status showed that the car was still in JB -- Body Assembly (that's in Italy). When it comes to AR, until you actually see it, it doesn't exist. Sorry to put a damper on your excitement, but we are talking about Alfa Romeo who's unwritten motto is, "You want it when?"
No, they actually sent me the VIN yesterday. I’ve had the VON for quite some time. Hopefully things will work out so the shipment won’t take forever! Oh well, I do have alternative transportation if it does. But I can’t wait to drive that beauty.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Good for you man, personally I wouldn’t be able to wait and I’d take one off the lot, lol, but since you have another car it’s all good. If you’re really into the car and the process, ask the dealer to call you when the car lands, they usually come in a full bag, but we have one that just landed that only came with half a bag, cool either way if you wanna document the process, it’s like unwrapping a present.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good for you man, personally I wouldn’t be able to wait and I’d take one off the lot, lol, but since you have another car it’s all good. If you’re really into the car and the process, ask the dealer to call you when the car lands, they usually come in a full bag, but we have one that just landed that only came with half a bag, cool either way if you wanna document the process, it’s like unwrapping a present.
I’ll definitely do that! Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think that they are coming in pretty quickly now. I ordered mine (a Stromboli Q4, ti Sport w/options) recently and here is the timeline:
2/28/2018: Ordered through dealer.
3/26/2018: VIN was posted. I checked status it was in "JB"
4/11/2018: The car arrived totally unannounced at the dealership, surprising the salesman myself. I was not even in town when it arrived.
4/14/2018: (Tomorrow) I am going to finalize the purchase and hopefully pick it up.

So from order to delivered to dealership, a total of only 42 days. Looking forward to picking mine up :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that they are coming in pretty quickly now. I ordered mine (a Stromboli Q4, ti Sport w/options) recently and here is the timeline:
2/28/2018: Ordered through dealer.
3/26/2018: VIN was posted. I checked status it was in "JB"
4/11/2018: The car arrived totally unannounced at the dealership, surprising the salesman myself. I was not even in town when it arrived.
4/14/2018: (Tomorrow) I am going to finalize the purchase and hopefully pick it up.

So from order to delivered to dealership, a total of only 42 days. Looking forward to picking mine up /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Wow...that’s quick. Hope I have the same luck!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Only the Quadrifoglio is shipped in a full burka. The 2.0 Giulias have minimal paint protection. I haven't personally seen any Giulia arrive, the 4Cs are shipped in an enclosed car carrier and in full burka. I suspect that all Giulias are also shipped in an enclosed car carrier.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Only the Quadrifoglio is shipped in a full burka. The 2.0 Giulias have minimal paint protection. I haven't personally seen any Giulia arrive, the 4Cs are shipped in an enclosed car carrier and in full burka. I suspect that all Giulias are also shipped in an enclosed car carrier.
Not sure where you got that info, since every Giulia/Stelvio and 4C we have was shipped in a full bag (except the one we got last week, which only has a bagged front, roof, and decklid), Quads and 4Cs come in an enclosed trailer, others are on an open carrier.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts