Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service adviser said that my Giulia due to multiple software updates. I'm intrigued. :)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
cool let us know how many/how long it takes. When I took mine they told me it only took 45 minutes :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said up to couple hours for each (GPS/infotainment?), so they need car for at least one day.
Sketchy answer for loaner, something like they short on cars right now (and they are, have 6 cars in stock 4 of which TI, sold rest)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
ahh I don't have the GPS. Hope it goes well. Mine offered me a Fiat 500 which I told them I wouldn't fit in. Ended up with a Glulia thankfully

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
ahh I don't have the GPS. Hope it goes well. Mine offered me a Fiat 500 which I told them I wouldn't fit in. Ended up with a Glulia thankfully
What's a Glulia? Is that a Giulia specifically made for Gluttons? :wink2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Same here. The response I received when scheduling was "I would need a good portion of one day to assess everything and then have to go from there." Also "If I have one of our loaners available that morning I can put you right in it, otherwise a shuttle is not a problem." Not a problem for whom?

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
202 Posts
Went for an oil service this week; they had the car for 4 hours and gave me a Stelvio loaner. No software updates, just oil and filter. Today I got a questionnaire from Alfa asking me to rate the experience. One of the questions asked was whether I was offered a loaner, and was it an Alfa. So Alfa obviously wants the dealers to provide Alfa loaners.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok quick report, prices in CAD
04892339aa filter -7.15
68291576aa oil - 88.50
some bolt 06507741aa - 9.90
labor - 140

RRT 17-057 tcm update
RRT 17-058 HVAC update
RRT 17-068 Coolant o-ring update
RRT 17-080 ODOR Engine

fixed seat weird clicks by lubricating and removing obstacle (coin?)
door seal is under review, sent picks to AR to inquire if it covered under warranty.

Kind of odd that they indicated to come back for next oil change in 4000 km, not right oil? I remember putting Mobil1 synthetic 0-30/40 to SAAB 9-5 and being very particular about that knowing how much extra turbo puts on engine and cheating with oil can cost more in long run. Now I'm lost, confused and concern about car well being.

Versions on infotainment
MV-001.011.020
TV-001.011.020

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Ouch

04892339aa filter -7.15
68291576aa oil - 88.50
labor - 140
So basically that is $245 CAD for an oil change???? Seriously?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
two things that jump at me as high is the oil @ 88$ to fill the car (how much is this off the shelf) and the labor which is about the average "i'm a lawyer.. no i'm not" garage charge :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So basically that is $245 CAD for an oil change???? Seriously?
+ tax :)
I'm ok with that since for germans cost is about the same, going to talk to rep about oil though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
04892339aa filter -7.15
68291576aa oil - 88.50
labor - 140

RRT 17-057 tcm update
RRT 17-058 HVAC update
RRT 17-068 Coolant o-ring update
RRT 17-080 ODOR Engine

fixed seat weird clicks by lubricating and removing obstacle (coin?)
door seal is under review, sent picks to AR to inquire if it covered under warranty.

Kind of odd that they indicated to come back for next oil change in 4000 km, not right oil? I remember putting Mobil1 synthetic 0-30/40 to SAAB 9-5 and being very particular about that knowing how much extra turbo puts on engine and cheating with oil can cost more in long run. Now I'm lost, confused and concern about car well being.

Versions on infotainment
MV-001.011.020
TV-001.011.020
I think it's more likely that they used the correct oil and they just want to get another $230 ASAP. I've run into this several times in the past. When questioned about it they try to make you feel guilty by saying something like "don't you want to take the best care of your valuable investment?"

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
I dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday morning. Too soon for an oil change (only about 4,000 miles) so I'd better make sure they're not doing one. As for loaner, can you say minivan? I'll post about my experience after I get my car back.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday morning. Too soon for an oil change (only about 4,000 miles) so I'd better make sure they're not doing one. As for loaner, can you say minivan? I'll post about my experience after I get my car back.
I had same Giulia but black, wife said "meh, it is not looking as good as our alfa red :)"

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Called rep to clarify.
He assured me that they put synthetic oil as required just forgot to reset next service km to next cycle so it comes to 4k km right know (15k and change) but should be 26k and change since it is 11k in change on the clock

Checked FCA forums and apparently Mopar synthetic oil is Penzoil

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
I had same Giulia but black, wife said "meh, it is not looking as good as our alfa red :)"
While the minivan is white, it's not Alfa White.

Reactions: FNM

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
bet it has Carplay though lol. Had a Kia MPV last week, very embarrassed but that was for work :D

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
bet it has Carplay though lol. Had a Kia MPV last week, very embarrassed but that was for work :D
Carplay? Ha! This van doesn't even have Bluetooth or automatic headlamps. While there's no shame in driving a minivan, I'm not sure how to respond to its being a Kia.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts