Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Giulia is at the dealer currently for its first scheduled maintenance and the multitude of software updates, etc. I received a call today from the service manager, who told me that Alfa just issued a service campaign to replace the glove compartment on my car because “they are all breaking.” I’m not sure if this for every Giulia or just those from certain production dates. My car is a Dec 2016 production vehicle.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Well, it is a pretty useless little hole that barely holds the owner's manual. It wouldn't surprise me as mine is a little flaky to close properly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yesterday while I was picking up mine for the updates, I overheard the dealer on the phone with someone stating that he had 3 cars with glove box problems and was waiting for the " rapid response team"I asked him what was the rapid response team and he stated that all problems with a car go thru them (rrt) before any repairs are made on any car, and the service guy told me that somthing as small as windshield wiper repair goes thru them.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,474 Posts
Guess I shouldn't open mine again. I think I've done so three or four times since I got the car in May.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Don't put the manual there

I think the weight of the manual is too much for the door and the associated hinges....I only keep papers (service receipts, tire purchases), tire pressure gauge, and a pen in there....D

Oh yeah...window sticker !!!

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the weight of the manual is too much for the door and the associated hinges....I only keep papers (service receipts, tire purchases), tire pressure gauge, and a pen in there....D

Well that is a good idea - I am going to take the manual out now. I kind of have to force it closed and I better stop!

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Keep it on your coffee table...it's good reading.....:wink2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Keep it on your coffee table...it's good reading.....:wink2:
I agree - been working my way through it. I have needed the manual to change a flat tire before (where is jack contact point) but that is the only emergency need I ever had with the manual. Better go get it now out of the glove box and I can smell the delicious leather again...:grin2:

Reactions: JMody

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

What, no gloves?

Reactions: Dr. Klopek

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Racing gloves on the dash.....always....:grin2:

·
Registered
189 Posts

yes door is quite flimsy, but actually the manual fits if you tilt it inside the other way without weighing on the lid portion.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I put the manual in the trunk in the space for flat kit (I have run flats, no flat kit). Keep reg and ins cards plus the wife's sunglasses (mine are in the small storage to the left of the steering wheel) in glovebox.

Reactions: Chicago

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
There's a thread in our forums here about replacing the plastic part that breaks in the latch keeper for the glovebox.

The repair part is on ThingaVerse and can be downloaded and printed by anyone with a 3D printer. An engineering buddy of mine scanned all the dimensions of the part into SolidWorks. The plastic he uses to print them is more pliable and has less breakage with even more sheer force.

Actually, I dropped off a few of these two my local dealer as a favor because, before the campaign, the glove box parts were unobtainium.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I put the manual in the trunk in the space for flat kit (I have run flats, no flat kit). Keep reg and ins cards plus the wife's sunglasses (mine are in the small storage to the left of the steering wheel) in glovebox.
Same here! It is odd that the space above the inflator kit is just enough to perfectly fit two sets of manuals.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts