Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give your Alfa Romeo Giulia a BIG Boost with our NEW MADNESS MAXPower ECM!

We have logged over 1,000 miles really putting our Giulia through the ringer. She's been through our stress test where we perform at different altitudes, temperatures, and other considerable variables.

if you're looking for more power, that is safe, reliable and easy to install this is the upgrade for you!

We are excited to announce that our MAXPower ECM will be ready to release witihn the next 7-10 days!

We offer a Bluetooth/non Bluetooth option for our enthusiasts!

We guarantee that our*MAXPower*ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back!

Links below for listing

Bluetooth Version
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Al...maxpower-by-madness-bluetooth-control-pid7234

Non Bluetooth
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Al...ne-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-pid7233

·
Registered
64 Posts
Alfa warranty concern

We have logged over 1,000 miles really putting our Giulia through the ringer. She's been through our stress test where we perform at different altitudes, temperatures, and other considerable variables.

if you're looking for more power, that is safe, reliable and easy to install this is the upgrade for you!

We are excited to announce that our MAXPower ECM will be ready to release witihn the next 7-10 days!

We guarantee that our*MAXPower*ECM will outperform all other ECMs on the market in power delivery, drivability, features and reliability or your money back!

Links below for listing

Bluetooth Version
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Al...maxpower-by-madness-bluetooth-control-pid7234

Non Bluetooth
http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Al...ne-control-module-maxpower-by-madness-pid7233
Does the Alfa factory warranty become VOID by the installation of your product? If it does not void the factory warranty, can you post the proof?

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I think it is great that you guys are putting the time into optimizing our Alfas. I am especially interested in the improvement in fuel economy - this car is already fantastic to drive hard in D mode when you need it, but for commuting I feel I have to justify not having been more environmentally conscious with my choice of vehicle. The gains in economy will also go a long way to selling it to my wife as a worthwhile upgrade!

I get that this is not FCA approved and will void the warranty, but that your plan is to have the owner take it off before taking the car to the dealer for servicing so that they "never know". I'm on board with the idea, but if you do a good job installing this, you are going to HATE completely uninstalling it every 5000 miles. Here is a thought: Can you make this phone based system function as a remote car starter? That way you can "disguise" the whole performance element as a practical remote car starter. I think these are generally ok'd by manufacturers and if you tell them that is what you have at service they won't put big warnings in your file. Maybe instead of the stock "plug" that you give out give one that does only the remote start function to exchange in when you take the car to the dealership that way they can verify your claim...

Without some solution like this I think you are going to have a lot of customers just too nervous about the implications of losing their warranty. Especially considering the threads on sudden limp mode and other engine management crashes in stock cars. A few of us are super willing to be testing grounds for this sort of thing, and Alfa owners especially are tinkerers, but you may have to plan on a bunch of purchases at about the 4 years mark....

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a video about our MAXPower ECMs

As far as warranty information goes, we do not advise anyone to deceive their dealers. However, our MAXPower ECMs are completely safe and are 100% reversible.

Technically a manufacturer cannot prevent aftermarket parts going on the vehicle. For a warranty to be voided, the part (you or someone else installed) would have to provide a direct correlation to power-train failure. With that being said we have had 0 failures on any of our ECMs. Furthermore, We have dealers purchasing our products to install in North and South America on their retail products!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just mad my first MADNESS purchase...ok, so it's just a windshield sunscreen, but I've been looking for one that is a custom fit and this one looks great. Can't wait to get it so I can stop driving with oven mitts on! I do like the looks of the carbon fiber insert for the auto trans shifter too. That may be next purchase, depending on price.

Reactions: BradB33

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any Stats/Numbers you can share? Real world timing for 0-60? Any additional testing/reliability info?
Sorry, missed your post.

We typically average about a 10-15% boost in power with just our module and up to 20% if additional modifications are made.

Once we are ready to a full release we will post up additional information on performance gains as we are still tweaking the mapping to optimize a good combination of usable power delivery, reliability and smooth, trouble free operation.

We won't chase top HP numbers to sell a product that are rarely duplicated. Our goal is to not over stress the factory components and not have any long term issues with the turbo wearing out too soon due to excessive boost levels. That strategy has worked well for us over the years and we will continue to have that be our main focus when developing software for our Giulia ECM.

In the past we have had other companies (we do not mean any specific vendor on this forum) claim substantially higher numbers through questionable testing practices and have always stood by our statement that we guarantee our modules to perform as good or better than all other ECM Boxes or Money Back.

We have always stated that the majority of ECM boxes will give approximately the same gains, no matter what the claims are from the selling vendor. Some go for a little higher end power to help promote the higher HP number at the expense of low end power. Some push the factory turbo higher than we choose to do. Some find a happy medium and also offer a good unit. We simply state that our units are designed to be safe, effective and we offer them with a Money Back Guarantee because we are confident in the performance gains. We would rather understate the gains and have you be pleasantly surprised.

If you ever see gains advertised of over 15%-20% than you may questions those testing methods if that is important to you.

With that said we will post some additional specs in the days ahead!

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just mad my first MADNESS purchase...ok, so it's just a windshield sunscreen, but I've been looking for one that is a custom fit and this one looks great. Can't wait to get it so I can stop driving with oven mitts on! I do like the looks of the carbon fiber insert for the auto trans shifter too. That may be next purchase, depending on price.
Thank you for your feedback Alfa in Vegas! We're here when you are ready for your next purchase! we are constantly updating our site with new offerings along with more detailed pictures of our products! Be sure to keep an eye out on our new arrival section

If there is ever a question you may have on any of our products feel free to reach out to us directly or visit one of our two locations!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I see the ECM is now available for purchase. What I don't see are actual performance figures. Are you going to post dyno charts showing real numbers? 10-15% is a large range (28hp vs 42hp). Personally I'd like to see hard numbers before I drop $600 on your product as opposed to amorphous videos and ad speak.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
796 Posts
how about special pricing for a bundle of the go pedal and Max power?

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see the ECM is now available for purchase. What I don't see are actual performance figures. Are you going to post dyno charts showing real numbers? 10-15% is a large range (28hp vs 42hp). Personally I'd like to see hard numbers before I drop $600 on your product as opposed to amorphous videos and ad speak.
Hey Patrick,

These are the gains you should expect to see. If you have prior modifications to your Giulia, they will work more efficiently as well!

We guarantee that our MAXPower ECM will out perform all other competitors in the market.

If you are unhappy with our product, send it back and we will refund your purchase within 30 days.

how about special pricing for a bundle of the go pedal and Max power?

We do offer a discount when purchasing the two together in our Stage 1 power pack!

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124-spider-power-pack-stage-1-pid4534

·
Registered
167 Posts
"Can you please post your data showing how you arrived at the number of a 10-15% increase in power?".

Based on the answer I received I'm guessing no. I understand that every car is different and they probably want to avoid people complaining if they don't get the exact same results. However there is a lot more to a good tune than a claimed 10-15% HP increase. Where is the increase? Is it at specific RPM or across the RPM range. What do the torque numbers look like? How does the power curve compare to the stock one. I'd like to see some sample graphs and some dyno tickets. But that's just me. Right now the ad sounds like an eBay power chip ad. I'm coming from the BMW world where companies like Dinan post up hard numbers. I think I'll hang on to my cash for now and see what else comes to market.

·
Registered
312 Posts
"Can you please post your data showing how you arrived at the number of a 10-15% increase in power?".

Based on the answer I received I'm guessing no. I understand that every car is different and they probably want to avoid people complaining if they don't get the exact same results. However there is a lot more to a good tune than a claimed 10-15% HP increase. Where is the increase? Is it at specific RPM or across the RPM range. What do the torque numbers look like? How does the power curve compare to the stock one. I'd like to see some sample graphs and some dyno tickets. But that's just me. Right now the ad sounds like an eBay power chip ad. I'm coming from the BMW world where companies like Dinan post up hard numbers. I think I'll hang on to my cash for now and see what else comes to market.
See my thread for TDI tuning.. so far so good

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for your feedback and opinion. We will be posting up plenty of additional information in the days and weeks ahead.

We have been offering the MAXPower line of ECM Modules for some time now and have received and continue to receive great reviews and feedback from owners!

Simply take a look at these listings. If you are interested, check out the feedback from buyers that we have received over the years. While these are listings for other FCA cars we offer modules for it will give you a very good idea on what you can expect. (below)

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-500...maxpower-by-madness-bluetooth-control-pid4052 (See review tab)

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-500-abarth-500t-ram-pack-black-pre-2015-model-pid3682 (See review tab)

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...nstalled-madness-maxpower-ecu.html#post511082

http://dartmadness.com/shop/index.p...&keyword=stage+1&category_id=0&product_id=216 (See review tab)

http://dartmadness.com/shop/index.p...keyword=maxpower&category_id=0&product_id=422 (See review tab)

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/show...st-impressions&p=803146&viewfull=1#post803146

It is interesting that some people would rather see obvious photo-shopped dyno charts that look nothing like real dynos with inflated numbers and be satisfied. Rather than an honest description that simply state factual average gain info that someone can expect. We offer our modules with a money back guarantee so you never have to worry.

In the very near future, we will have releases of new products, videos, pictures, new listings and etc we will post additional info and test data on the modules.

There are also many Giulia Owners that have come by our location in person and can probably give you feedback on our company if you are not sure who we are.

We also do test drives for local owners so they can feel the difference for themselves so you should probably hear feedback on these modules shortly as we start shipping them and installing them locally.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Links below for listing

Bluetooth Version

Non Bluetooth
Just my opinion: You would have to be out of your mind to alter anything computer related on your Giulia until all the electronic problems are resolved.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts