Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I'm not the owner of Giulii Q. But I'm going to buy it. Honestly I already ordered it. I am from Poland and can not find reliable information on the failure of this car. I contacted one user and was disappointed with his failure. His Giulia is constantly on the serwis, the engine check, and nobody knows what's going on. At 3.5kkm the fuel pump was damaged. The bakery runs up to 220km with moderate speed. It's very little. It has a 2016 model. Do they still have similar problems or are they eliminated in the 2017 models. My will be produced this month. Did Alfa have already fixed the childhood bug? Is it often spoiled or a friend from Poland bad luck? What's wrong yet? Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I am from Poland as well, waiting for my Giulia Q to be produced and delivered (in July).

There are many threads on this site regarding car's failures -- you can read for yourself. As far as I know there is no statistics across the board. Usually the case with Internet forums is that you read mostly opinions of those unlucky ones and the ones who have problem-free cars just enjoy driving them.
Most (though not all) failures seem to be corrected one-by-one through software updates, so we need to make sure that our cars get all the latest updates before we collect them from the dealer.

BTW -- maybe it would be a good idea to do a site-wide poll asking how many users have had major/minor problems with Qs and how many are trouble-free?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
2016 Model ?

2016 Model ? ...I'm beginning to think there may be some BMW fanboys posting some tales of woe..I mean I'm usually not a "conspiracy theorist" but I don't know about this.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I guess it's about 2016 as year of production, not MY2016.
In Poland we don't usually look at model years but rather the actual production year (I mean in the classifieds etc).

·
Registered
149 Posts
In Europe there are very little comments about failures. Most failures in the US had to do with the remote start function (that is not available in the EU)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome Marcin :)

Hopefully you'll get your Giulia Quad soon.

I'd like to point out that this is an English language based forum. I know that not everybody speaks English as their first language. But, it seems to be the 'common' language. I understand that it's much easier to communicate in your natural language, even if all you're saying is 'hello'.

Can you please include the English version as well. These threads/posts are not private.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd like to point out that this is an English language based forum. I know that not everybody speaks English as their first language. But, it seems to be the 'common' language. I understand that it's much easier to communicate in your natural language, even if all you're saying is 'hello'.

Can you please include the English version as well. These threads/posts are not private.
You are right. Let me explain -- Marcin's post was a request for me to PM him and share knowledge about Qs in our country.

We are trying to figure out more about Qs reliability. There are news from the local community such as "Out of 5 that have been sold by a dealer in one of Polish cities, 4 came back dead on tow trucks", so not really encouraging.
On the other hand, when I was buying mine and wanted to have a look/drive, the dealer said that they usually rented press fleet cars from FCA in such cases. On that day they actually had two press cars on site, both crashed by journalists. Looks like not everyone is able to drive them properly :grin2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only problem I've had is if i get out of the car on the phone... and walk in my house - when i hang up the phone the radio goes back on unless i open the door :p

I hear music coming from the garage... i reported it so hopefully software fix soon :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Only problem I've had is if i get out of the car on the phone... and walk in my house - when i hang up the phone the radio goes back on unless i open the door :p

I hear music coming from the garage... i reported it so hopefully software fix soon :D
I've noticed the same. In the event I switch to my phone from the Alfa Connect Bluetooth as I get out, if I momentarily turn off Bluetooth on my phone, the car radio immediately turns off. I've used that as a work-around.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You are right. Let me explain -- Marcin's post was a request for me to PM him and share knowledge about Qs in our country.

We are trying to figure out more about Qs reliability. There are news from the local community such as "Out of 5 that have been sold by a dealer in one of Polish cities, 4 came back dead on tow trucks", so not really encouraging.
On the other hand, when I was buying mine and wanted to have a look/drive, the dealer said that they usually rented press fleet cars from FCA in such cases. On that day they actually had two press cars on site, both crashed by journalists. Looks like not everyone is able to drive them properly :grin2:
That's not encouraging. Not at all.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

That's actually comical. Sounds like a scene from a movie. But I bet you're not laughing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts