Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Many Volvo S60's are made in China now. In 2019, the new 3 Series BMW will come exclusively from a new plant in Mexico.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
I wonder whether the Giulia will join the list of vehicles being knocked off by (usually minor) Chinese manufacturers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is astonishing the company that has the #1 and #5 place in F1 Drivers and #2 in F1 constructor rankings neck and neck with Benz has trouble making a street car that doesn't stall after filling up.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
It is astonishing the company that has the #1 and #5 place in F1 Drivers and #2 in F1 constructor rankings neck and neck with Benz has trouble making a street car that doesn't stall after filling up.
LOL you can only laugh and scratch your head at this point. Its 2017! pretty mind-blowing. It has not happened to me since the software patch but I was like "You've got to be kidding me" when it first happened.

I wonder if the car ever had real life testing outside of a controlled environment prior to release.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Using that logic, I would avoid purchasing a McLaren.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If this did happen, there would be a huge backlash regarding origin of the vehicles being built by the Alfa/Maserati community as well I'd think....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah, even if some plants were built in China, I strongly doubt if it would be anything other than Jeep, Dodge and Fiat. The plant in Cassino is super high tech and a big investment in the Italian economy. Remember the days of city and state defaults? Spain? Greece? Brazil? We are not out of the woods yet and such a move with Alfa and Maserati would be crazy, especially if you can't even get them paired up regularly at dealerships in the US. We complain every day about the dealer network for Alfa here in the US. They have only just begun to build that out.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
As long as my QV gets built in Italy, I could careless about the rest......

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Makes sense to build FIATs in China. North American Fiat 500s already built in Mexico.

This summer I rented a Buick SUV for 10 days while in the southwest. Made in China. Indistinguishable in quality from any other non-euro car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The influx of big cash would do wonders, look at what Volvo is doing lately. Unfortunately Alfa and Maserati will be stand alone, not sure where the cash comes from in that situation.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts