Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing any other Giulia's on the road? Before I got mine, I did see one QV pass me here in Las Vegas. But that was it. Have not seen another one. (not that it bothers me...I kind of like the exclusivity of the Alfa Romeo, which is why I've had two). But, I know there have to be more out there since both dealers in town sold their original allotments. Granted, 12 cars spread out among 2-million people is going to make them hard to spot.

I've noticed on this forum, most of the contributors seem to be from New England, the DC area and Southern California. Are these the areas where most of the cars have gone, or just where most of the enthusiasts live?

Just curious as to others thoughts.

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
I live 2 miles away from my dealer, which is probably the reason why I have seen 2 regular Giulias coming out of the area, otherwise I have seen zero outside my area, even on my current road trip I thought I would at least see more...I'm in SE Florida...

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, we are talking about sighting one of the 1000 Giulia's sold thus far among the sea of 260 million currently registered cars in the US. It will be practically a miracle if you spot one outside of dealership zones. :)

That said, I do know there are at least 2 base/Ti in the block of office buildings where I work. Saw a 3rd one on the road during lunch the other day. I guess the place where I work having a lot of Italian folk certainly helped...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have not seen another Giulia of any kind on the roads around DC...actually the only other one I saw was in Munich last week, in Germany of all places lol....at current rate it might take couple of years before we see Giulia everyday on the road

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not seen another Giulia of any kind on the roads around DC...actually the only other one I saw was in Munich last week, in Germany of all places lol....at current rate it might take couple of years before we see Giulia everyday on the road
I don't want to see one every day on the road...While I do want Alfa to be successful in the U.S., I still want it to be kind of exclusive.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I am pretty sure even Ti will remain relatively exclusive, AR was never a mainstream brand, even in EU with exception of Italy....even there you mostly see Mito and Giulietta, even old 159s are not on every corner....

QVs will be more of a legend, you will know they exist but never see one in vivo

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing any other Giulia's on the road? Before I got mine, I did see one QV pass me here in Las Vegas. But that was it. Have not seen another one. (not that it bothers me...I kind of like the exclusivity of the Alfa Romeo, which is why I've had two). But, I know there have to be more out there since both dealers in town sold their original allotments. Granted, 12 cars spread out among 2-million people is going to make them hard to spot.

I've noticed on this forum, most of the contributors seem to be from New England, the DC area and Southern California. Are these the areas where most of the cars have gone, or just where most of the enthusiasts live?

John
Live in New England, have yet to see one on the road. Lot of Italian heritage in this area (more than other regions) which might cause a lot of people to be more welcoming to Alfa Romeo, I dunno?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Live in New England, have yet to see one on the road. Lot of Italian heritage in this area (more than other regions) which might cause a lot of people to be more welcoming to Alfa Romeo, I dunno?
Yes, molti Italiani in NE...... capisci?:grin2:

Hopefully I will get to see and ride in a QV on Thursday!:)

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yes, molti Italiani in NE...... capisci?:grin2:

Hopefully I will get to see and ride in a QV on Thursday!:)
Where exactly are you located? Happy to give you a ride in sometime. Are you going to the Alfa launch event at Alfa of Wayland on Thursday PM?

Will hold back on driving it though because the roads are like minefields with the massive potholes, including pulling out of the Alfa dealership. Awful!!! Lord only knows how much and how long it would take to get a new rim.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Had mine in the North End on Sunday. Funny the looks it got rolling down Hanover Street in 1st gear of Race Mode. Makes proud to be Italian.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey all,

John
I saw two Giulia base models out for a test drive but then I only live like 3 miles from the dealership. They looked good. Have yet to see another Quadrifoglio on the road.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Where exactly are you located? Happy to give you a ride in sometime. Are you going to the Alfa launch event at Alfa of Wayland on Thursday PM?

Will hold back on driving it though because the roads are like minefields with the massive potholes, including pulling out of the Alfa dealership. Awful!!! Lord only knows how much and how long it would take to get a new rim.
I'm in Andover. On Thursday I may be getting a ride from our esteemed forum member MDriver if our schedules allow it. Furthermore, I would be ecstatic to meet any of the local Giulia owners for lunch or coffe and talk cars....
Do you mind PM me the info. For Alfa of Wayland?.... hope to meet soon..... Ciao!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Not to butt into this conversation but is the Wayland event this Thurs or later? Kelly has one in a few weeks that is more likely for me as it's significantly closer

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Max, to quote mc3456, "Where are you located"?:smile2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.