Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,775 Posts
1. Let's see if all our bags fit.
2. Anyone want to play closest to the scudetto?
3. Lowest score wins her.
4. Why aren't you out enjoying driving?
5. Mama mia!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Bag absolutely fits, with driver (I am 6'2" clubs were correct size) can confirm

I took the car to my course of choice only twice, quit the game shortly thereafter, but I think the car fit in the parking lot just as good as my previous RR

Have fun, nice elegantly spec'd Giulia

·
Registered
647 Posts
Fore!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I take mine to the hockey rink all the time....needless to say the "boys" are educated on everything Alfa....
and they prefer the Quad over the Maserati...!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
44 Posts
Will this work?

I found I can fit my set of golf clubs crosswise, side to side in the trunk of my Guilia if I take out the cover of the battery compartment and lay that cover flat over the battery. That extra space over the battery allow me to insert my golf bag. See any problem with covering the battery in this manner?

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,633 Posts
I found I can fit my set of golf clubs crosswise, side to side in the trunk of my Guilia if I take out the cover of the battery compartment and lay that cover flat over the battery. That extra space over the battery allow me to insert my golf bag. See any problem with covering the battery in this manner?
I can think of several things that might go wrong. I cannot say if these things actually will happen:

1) Frequently opening the battery access lid may wear out the Velcro retainers on the lid, causing whatever issue the Velcro was supposed to resolve (rattles?) to start happening.

2) Resting objects on top of a battery may damage wires and/or cause short circuits (short circuiting a battery can be really bad). You have a lot of insulating materials between the wires and your clubs though, so maybe you are OK.

3) From the inside of the battery box there is no padding to the the right rear fender. If your bag and/or clubs should shift due to hard cornering (hard cornering in a Giulia? Who would do that? :)) or bumps in the road you could end up with dents in your fender.

4) Even though the battery is ventilated there may be golf club attacking acid and/or extremely toxic lead salts around the battery.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The closed bottom end of the bag, which is plastic, goes into the battery compartment. No danger of metal golf clubs touching the battery. The battery is totally covered with the door of the compartment cover.

My Alfa is rarely taken to the golf course. This particular time, I'm taking the Alfa to the dealer for a software recall and while the work is being done, I'll go play golf nearby.

I'm also going on a 3,000 mile trip with the Alfa this summer so I want the dealer to give it an inspection to make sure all conditions are GO.

I can think of several things that might go wrong. I cannot say if these things actually will happen:

1) Frequently opening the battery access lid may wear out the Velcro retainers on the lid, causing whatever issue the Velcro was supposed to resolve (rattles?) to start happening.

2) Resting objects on top of a battery may damage wires and/or cause short circuits (short circuiting a battery can be really bad). You have a lot of insulating materials between the wires and your clubs though, so maybe you are OK.

3) From the inside of the battery box there is no padding to the the right rear fender. If your bag and/or clubs should shift due to hard cornering (hard cornering in a Giulia? Who would do that? :)) or bumps in the road you could end up with dents in your fender.

4) Even though the battery is ventilated there may be golf club attacking acid and/or extremely toxic lead salts around the battery.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Well I took her to the course and it was a wash out. Got 7 holes in, wind, rain, and cold. It feels like February here in Chicago. No one got to see my girl.

Next Sunday. Next Sunday it will be nice.

But I still got to drive her today, even took the "extra" long way home.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm looking to head to the golf course soon as well. It's been since last July that I've golfed and I'm itching given that we had an interminably long winter. One thing I may invest in is the Weather Tech trunk guard, actually. I don't always remember to wash my clubs after a round of golf (with a few drinks of course).

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm assuming they don't fit diagonally.....Why not fold down one of the seat thirds and use a towel to cover the open end of the bag if the clubs are dirty ? One of the advantages of the non Quad Giulias is rear seats that fold.....D

Reactions: AR_Pete

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,775 Posts
Do any golf courses have policies regarding enhanced exhaust systems?

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio, Sport, Vesuvio Grey on Red
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The clubs do not fit in the trunk horizontally unless you drop the back seat and stick them in. Not a problem, I keep the clubs as clean as the Giulia.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
That's a good idea. For such a small amount of room needed it would work for me. Maybe a new lid can be made with a dent in it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can fit two carry bags diagonally with woods removed. Then just kinda squeeze the woods in on top of the bags. Maybe the Italians don’t golf much but easily fitting clubs ought to be a requirement... IMHO

·
Registered
44 Posts
I visited the Alfa dealer today and asked them about my method of storing my golf bag side to side in the trunk by removing the door to the battery compartment and laying it flat over the battery. They said there is no problem doing it that way as long the terminals of the battery are covered.

I had the software update recall done and it was seamless. I also had them check fluids/tires/brakes in preparation for a summer driving trip. All done with a smile and a car wash http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_angel.png

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.