Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's the new 90 degrees 2.9 lt V6, the block derives from Ferrari's F154 90 degrees V8, has the same bore and stroke with the F154 BB, the version of the F154 V8 used by California T.
The 90 degrees V6 Alfa block has nothing in common with the 60 degrees Maserati V6 block.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like there's still some cleaning up to be done - and this is a pre-production show car / test car / mule. I say that because it doesn't quite look as refined as one would expect these days. For example, note the extra couple feet of wire harness folded over onto itself and zip-tied in place dead center up front between the halves of the air plumbing.

That wire harness is not present on this one, but this one is also pre-production, as evidenced by the opaque black plastic they used for the coolant overflow tank:

Here's a shot with better lighting of the other side - maybe the same car in the OP.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looking at the engine bay has me wondering if any aftermarket parts maker will come out with a carbon fiber intake, wouldn't mind some engine bling that has a real functioning purpose.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's a pretty good looking engine bay, but I have seen others that look better from some of the competitor brands.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not too important what it looks like under the hood as long as I can find everything I need. I think I see the oil dipstick, oil fill cap but where's the wiper fluid cap?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking at the engine bay has me wondering if any aftermarket parts maker will come out with a carbon fiber intake, wouldn't mind some engine bling that has a real functioning purpose.
what functional benefit is a carbon plenum going to give you over a non carbon one?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hopefully that holds true and there might be some truth in that reveal happening in LA since last I checked LA was one of the bigger north american shows around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts