Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that are considering a winter wheel and tire setup, we have some pre-built wheel and tire packages for Giulias and Stelvios in stock and ready to go.

These packages feature:

• 18" x 8" Mille Miglia 5-Hole Wheels
  • Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 Tires in 225/45-18 size
  • OEM TPMS Sensors
  • OEM Color Center Caps (we can sub OEM B&W caps if you prefer)
  • FREE SHIPPING in the continental USA
We have priced these as a kit at $2,250 shipped. These are NOT on our web site yet, please give us a call if you want to take advantage of this deal. The number of sets available is limited by the number of wheels we have in-stock at the moment, but later in the season we may also see limited snow tire availability, so now is the time to grab a set.

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple people have asked us about fitments today.

Here's the official word:

1) These will fit on all 2.0T Giulias with zero problems.

2) These will also fit on Giulia Quadrifoglios with steel brakes. However, I would personally recommend a wider tire fitment for the QV than a 225 width tire. Stay tuned - we actually have some new wheel options that will be a better fit for a QV winter set-up, including cars with the Carbon Ceramic brakes.

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have one mounted and balanced set left for the Giulia (as well as one set left for the Stelvio).

This will likely be the the last sets in Silver we have available this year, and we have lowered the price to $1,995.00 including free shipping.

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is an old post but are you still doing these kits?
We don't have any mounted snow tire sets in stock right now, but we have plenty of wheels in stock and we can have a set mounted up for you.

We can also do tire packages with our aftermarket wheel options from Tecnomagnesio (19 x 8.5 size) or ANY OEM Alfa wheels at a significant discount to dealer retail pricing.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
We don't have any mounted snow tire sets in stock right now, but we have plenty of wheels in stock and we can have a set mounted up for you.

We can also do tire packages with our aftermarket wheel options from Tecnomagnesio (19 x 8.5 size) or ANY OEM Alfa wheels at a significant discount to dealer retail pricing.
Thank you..Ill need to decide on a set of winter tires & wheels and get them ordered so I have them when I need them

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
@JoeCab ..I Just ordered a set of wheel but forgot to add the center caps.... I sent an email to support but figured i would try here also....is it too late to add them to my wheel order so i dont have to pay additional shipping?

the order # is 1603588309 and I want to add a set of CL907A center caps...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
746 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but are there options other than stock size that one would recommend for a 2019 Quadrifoglio with steel rotors without risk of fitment or other issues?

@JoeCab ?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,682 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but are there options other than stock size that one would recommend for a 2019 Quadrifoglio with steel rotors without risk of fitment or other issues?

@JoeCab ?
I think I sent you my post on winter tires. I looked at 225 and 245 18s, but I would have had to sacrifice non snow cold weather performance significantly and for me that wasn’t worth it. I still recommend going oem sizes and getting pa4 or sz’s

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think I sent you my post on winter tires. I looked at 225 and 245 18s, but I would have had to sacrifice non snow cold weather performance significantly and for me that wasn’t worth it. I still recommend going oem sizes and getting pa4 or sz’s
That’s my current plan - OEM with the PA4s based on your post. I’ve got some friends telling me I’m crazy for going with 19 inch 285s for winter so just looking into other options. I don’t actually plan to drive the car in deep snow - just cold, slush, maybe thin snow and ice.

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That’s my current plan - OEM with the PA4s based on your post. I’ve got some friends telling me I’m crazy for going with 19 inch 285s for winter so just looking into other options. I don’t actually plan to drive the car in deep snow - just cold, slush, maybe thin snow and ice.
There really aren't any tried and true alternate set-ups for the QV that I can recommend. Of course you could go with a 19 x 8.5 square set-up (running 245s or 255s all around). I think this would work fine in the snow but probably give up way too much performance in the dry. That's a lot of rear contact patch to lose.

We've sold quite a few sets of OEM wheels with the PA4s which definitely seem to be the top pick for high performance snows.

snow_tires1.jpg snow_tires2.jpg snow_tires3.jpg

·
Registered
746 Posts
There really aren't any tried and true alternate set-ups for the QV that I can recommend. Of course you could go with a 19 x 8.5 square set-up (running 245s or 255s all around). I think this would work fine in the snow but probably give up way too much performance in the dry. That's a lot of rear contact patch to lose.

We've sold quite a few sets of OEM wheels with the PA4s which definitely seem to be the top pick for high performance snows.

View attachment 91759 View attachment 91760 View attachment 91761
Thanks! Do you have any OEM sets in stock with the black or gray 5 hole wheels + PA4s?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
My friends said the same. Where are you located?

I’m in nyc with a commute to Westchester and I was fine this past winter. I don’t want to sacrifice cold dry performance for the few days a year we get crippling snow. If however I lived in a place where it snowed constantly then I’d perhaps look at a different setup. With 18s I don’t think it’s 100% confirmed they clear the calipers and with 19s, I don’t know if they sell 225/245 in 19, but then your sidewall will be less which defeats the purpose of going with 225/245

·
Registered
746 Posts
My friends said the same. Where are you located?

I’m in nyc with a commute to Westchester and I was fine this past winter. I don’t want to sacrifice cold dry performance for the few days a year we get crippling snow. If however I lived in a place where it snowed constantly then I’d perhaps look at a different setup. With 18s I don’t think it’s 100% confirmed they clear the calipers and with 19s, I don’t know if they sell 225/245 in 19, but then your sidewall will be less which defeats the purpose of going with 225/245
I live in the Boston area. We tend to get blizzards, though not in recent years. That said, I stay home when there's a blizzard. I want to be able to drive in light snow, ice, and mostly plowed roads. I also want to maintain some level of cold-dry handling performance since I am much more likely to take my car out in those conditions.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I live in the Boston area. We tend to get blizzards, though not in recent years. That said, I stay home when there's a blizzard. I want to be able to drive in light snow, ice, and mostly plowed roads. I also want to maintain some level of cold-dry handling performance since I am much more likely to take my car out in those conditions.
One option is to try the pa4 or sz on your current wheels. There’s the potential for damage during mounting but it’s a much cheaper option than having to buy new wheels and deciding you don’t like the tires. And I’m sure you’d be able to sell the tires on the forum if you didn’t like them.

Boston is tough but I still think pa4 will be fine for what you describe

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,194 Posts
I believe that the "standard" advice that narrower is better in winter is specifically directed towards driving in slush where there is no doubt that narrower is better. Running 285s in slush is undoubtedly a bad idea.

Vehicles that are specifically designed for deep snow use a large contact patch to gain "floatation" to avoid getting high centered and reduce the tendency to get stuck in ruts. Note that Continental bucks the trend and says wider is better but fails to provide data just like the narrower is better camp fails to provide data. I strongly believe that wider is better under some circumstances (deep snow, glare ice) while narrower is better under other circumstances (thin snow, slush, deep water).

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,773 Posts
I believe that the "standard" advice that narrower is better in winter is specifically directed towards driving in slush where there is no doubt that narrower is better. Running 285s in slush is undoubtedly a bad idea.

Vehicles that are specifically designed for deep snow use a large contact patch to gain "floatation" to avoid getting high centered and reduce the tendency to get stuck in ruts. Note that Continental bucks the trend and says wider is better but fails to provide data just like the narrower is better camp fails to provide data. I strongly believe that wider is better under some circumstances (deep snow, glare ice) while narrower is better under other circumstances (thin snow, slush, deep water).
In my personal experience I have found narrower is always better. We get all sorts of conditions up here, deep snow, slush, ice/slush/snow/ice sandwich, black ice... I prefer to be able to cut through that with a narrower tire. This applies to both winter and all-season tires.

Just my experience though.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Is anyone running narrower tires and 18" wheels on their QV with iron brakes that can share feedback on the fit and their driving experience? Consensus from all I've read on this forum seems to be to stick with OEM size, which is also what the manual recommends for winters.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Is anyone running narrower tires and 18" wheels on their QV with iron brakes that can share feedback on the fit and their driving experience? Consensus from all I've read on this forum seems to be to stick with OEM size, which is also what the manual recommends for winters.
With a narrower tire though you'll kill your dry performance. It's a trade-off

1 - 20 of 20 Posts