Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to sell my Giulia after 8 months of daily driving the car around Austin, TX.

I loved the Giulia but I decided this was not the best car for the bad road conditions in the areas of town I drive day to day. Austin has unending road construction, potholes, and road debris all over the place. I was always hyper attentive when driving my "low to the ground" Guilia and frequently dodging road debris to keep from damaging the lower front bumper area. The Giulia is like a laser scalpel on the road and I decided in this town I want a hammer.

So this week I was able to move on from the Guilia and move to the HAMMER!

I found an FCA product in a very unique color with the HEMI for my next daily driver...

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chrysler had $8500 Lease Cash and another $2500 Rebate on the 2018 Chrysler 300S products...with $11k in factory incentives plus additional dealer discount this was an easy decision. I picked up my loaded 2018 300S this week with the HEMI, Beats Audio, 20" Graphite Polished Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Uconnect NAV, Ventilated Black Leather seats, and a ton of additional features.

My 300S is Ceramic Grey and I fell in love with this color about a month ago when I first saw it in person...

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ceramic Grey color has a very fine metallic and changes colors in different lighting...it looks fantastic at night in the city lights of the Downtown area. I have already been getting a range of inquiries to the paint color..at the gas station..coffee shop I go to..and some muscle car guys tonight at Whole Foods.

I will MISS THE GIULIA but I just decided to go a different direction...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Why not a Suv? i would have kept the Alfa, or at least told nobody on here.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Oh no! You chose "puke gray!" Just because some clueless designer says a boring earth tone would look good on a car, doesn't mean you have to confuse pottery with automobiles. Ha-ha, just kidding ;) Glad you found what you like. Let us know when you scrape the front lip the first time. ;) Get some body molding trim and stick it under the front lip either along the perimeter like this /-----\ , or in skids front to back like this |||||. I plan to do the same on my Quad once I get a good look at it. Hope the clear wrap doesn't get it the way.

Reactions: FX_Hedge

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Hey i fell in love with the first 300 when they came out. A very classic design. Too bad im too short to see out if one!

Love the creamy greys: did a similar color on my Alfa spider.

Btw the hemi was leased to chrysler from Alfa romeo in the 50s if I have my facts right. I know that my 1969 1750 spider is a hemi for sure!!!

Best of luck

·
Registered
647 Posts
Where do you mount the front plate ?
Oh no! Here we go again!

BTW, I'm very sad for FX_Hedge. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers!
They'll have to pry Giulia from my cold, dead hands!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,776 Posts
Who knew Austin has worse roads than Detroit? My condolences. I actually went in the opposite direction; my Giulia replaced a 300S (AWD V6). I admit the deals offered on the 300 tempted me to get another one.

Enjoy whatever you drive in good health. Pity you won't be able to park in the Alfa paddock at next year's Grand Prix, though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
huh? why??

I decided to sell my Giulia after 8 months of daily driving the car around Austin, TX.

I loved the Giulia but I decided this was not the best car for the bad road conditions in the areas of town I drive day to day. Austin has unending road construction, potholes, and road debris all over the place. I was always hyper attentive when driving my "low to the ground" Guilia and frequently dodging road debris to keep from damaging the lower front bumper area. The Giulia is like a laser scalpel on the road and I decided in this town I want a hammer.

So this week I was able to move on from the Guilia and move to the HAMMER!

I found an FCA product in a very unique color with the HEMI for my next daily driver...
I'm truly dumbfounded...
Why didn't you go with a Alfa Romeo Stelvio??
AWD standard.
Ample clearance, too.

And, it's a total blast to drive!!

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why not a Suv? i would have kept the Alfa, or at least told nobody on here.
My Wife and I also own a 2018 MDX with Tech pkg so I have the 3 row SUV thing covered. I did consider a Stelvio but decided I did not want two SUV's...I wanted to stick with a sedan for my daily driver.

As far as ground clearance goes...the 300S is much higher off the ground in the lower lip spoiler/lower front bumper area. The size of the 300S and the overall front design play a visual trick...it is much higher clearance then what it looks like. The Giulia is about 3" lower up front in the lower lip extension area as measured to the ground. Heck, I could run over bodies in the 300S and I would not have any worries...LOL!

Now at my place out in Vegas....the Giulia would be perfect. The roads in Vegas are pretty darn good compared to Austin. Austin just keeps on growing and there is all kinds of road construction in and around the main parts of town.

With a 2018 HEMI powered 300S for $34k after factory/dealer discounts that was one heck of a value play...and that Ceramic Grey color won me over.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who knew Austin has worse roads than Detroit? My condolences. I actually went in the opposite direction; my Giulia replaced a 300S (AWD V6). I admit the deals offered on the 300 tempted me to get another one.

Enjoy whatever you drive in good health. Pity you won't be able to park in the Alfa paddock at next year's Grand Prix, though.
Yep - Alfa to F1 is FANTASTIC NEWS!

Who knows...maybe I will order a 2018 or 2019 QUAD for my place out in Vegas! :wink2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on new hammer FX!
I quite like that color, it is something a reformed mafia boss would pick:)
And btw, 300 is sold in Italy as Lancia! Now better watch those 20s on the potholes
My Wife told me the car looked like something "John Wick" would drive when I first drove it home...I had to laugh at that one. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.