Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So something strange happen when i went out to my garage today. Had to get something out of the Alfa, and leaned across the center console. While leaning across the console I must have leaned on the power/volume knob. I was shocked that the nav screen lit, and my music began to stream via Bluetooth from my Iphone that was 3 floors up. Both of my key fobs for the Alfa were in my work vehicle which was parked at my neighbors. I tried this several times, and even un-linked my phone from the Alfa. It still eould come on. I put my foot on brake and tried to start the car, and it said something to the effect that fob was not detected. Whevever I open the door on my car it seems to wake the car computer, and i hear a high pitched very quiet sound from under the hood for a few seconds. Is all of this normal behavior for this car?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
I like when my car is in the garage and mysteriously self-locks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
.... Whevever I open the door on my car it seems to wake the car computer, and i hear a high pitched very quiet sound from under the hood for a few seconds. Is all of this normal behavior for this car?
That high pitched sound is probably just the priming of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I always hear the high pitch sound when I shut the car off, last for a minute or so.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I always hear the high pitch sound when I shut the car off, last for a minute or so.
That one is the electric pump for the turbo and intercooler cooling circuit. It continues to run for a short time after shutdown to cool the turbo and prevent cooking the lube oil in the bearings.

Reactions: 4doorturbo

·
Registered
249 Posts
It took me a bit to figure out what that high whine is. Totally normal though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts