Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Giulia vs...

9K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  Computerfixusa 
#1 ·
Looking to hear stories from all Giulia owners, stock or tuned and in various configurations RWD or AWD who have lined up at the stop lights for a quick drag. What car did you race between stop lights? Wins or losses, let's hear them all!

#2 ·
Dodge Caravan, Ford Escape, Honda Odyssey. It's a brutal jungle out there, so many Karen's.

#5 ·
Compensation

Reactions: DragonKart and Theo
#8 · (Edited)
I actually don't really race to race. My daughters are surprised and ashamed I've this side to me.

I give an un-noticeable glance to assess the moronicity of the driver next to me. If it looks like the typical idiot (i can't use the word I want to use for the sake of PC) who likes to stop-light race, I'll make a quick calculation on whether there's a cop lurking somewhere close by. I act like I've never noticed the person, don't care about them. Never saw them. I act like I'm some old fool tinkering with my steering switches, or casually talking to whoever is sitting next to me.

The light turns green, and I mash the pedal and the Giulia will just lurch and take off. Most likely the car next to me, they've never seen an Alfa in the real skin, so they don't know what hit them. They squish the gas and gun like crazy. It doesn't matter if they are faster or more powerful or slower... they'll do this. At about 3-4 miles over the posted limit, I suddenly let the gas go and slow down, while the idiot keeps gunning it.

In about 30% of the cases, they'll get pulled over. Score.

:D

#9 ·
I actually don't really race to race. My daughters are surprised and ashamed I've this side to me.

I give an un-noticeable glance to assess the moronicity of the driver next to me. If it looks like the typical idiot (i can't use the word I want to use for the sake of PC) who likes to stop-light race. I'll make a quick calculation on whether there's a cop lurking somewhere close by. I act like I've never noticed the person, don't care about them. Never saw them. I act like I'm some old fool tinkering with my steering switches, or casually talking to whoever is sitting next to me.

The light turns green, and I mash the pedal and the Giulia will just lurch and take off. Most likely the car next to me, they've never seen an Alfa in the real skin, so they don't know what hit them. They squish the gas and gun like crazy. It doesn't matter if they are faster or more powerful or slower... they'll do this. At about 3-4 miles over the posted limit, I suddenly let the gas go and slow down, while the idiot keeps gunning it.

In about 30% of the cases, they'll get pulled over. Score.

:D
🤣🤣🤣

#17 ·
One thing I've seen over and over again, right tool in the right hand does wonders. Wrong hands and no amount of money or fame can help.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE KARDASHIANS.
Agreed, you definitely have to understand the capability/personality/limitation of your car. Coming from the Porsche world this Alfa is brimming with character, love this car, soon as I drove it I knew it was special. Drove an M2 and did absolutely nothing for me.

#16 · (Edited)
370z nismo, 4 lights pulled a couple cars every time. I was on phase 2 at the time stock exhaust drop in filter.

17 GT 5.0 he won 2 cars, but got kudos after.

Rolling like 03 gt mustang unknown mods, at min exhaust. Pretty even from 40mph but then I start pulling in 3rd gear.

Mk7 Gti jb4 with at least exhaust that sounded really good. We pulled a bunch of times rolling and pretty much dead even. But I had just flashed phase 2 so was still breaking in.

#18 ·
370z nismo, 4 lights pulled a couple cars every time. I was on phase 2 at the time stock exhaust drop in filter.

17 GT 5.0 he won 2 cars, but got kudos after.

Rolling like 03 gt mustang unknown mods, at min exhaust. Pretty even from 40mph but they I start pulling in 3rd gear.

Mk7 Gti jb4 with at least exhaust that sounded really good. We pulled a bunch of times rolling and pretty much dead even. But I had just flashed phase 2 so was still breaking in.
Wow so the 5.0 was the only one, I reckon from a dig with and AWD it would be interesting.

#19 ·
Audi S3, until it crashed.

#31 ·
It seems like mine is a Civic Type R magnet. If they see it they want to race it. I don’t comply with these idiots.

Reactions: Turkishhusla
#42 ·
I went drag racing with my friend. He just did a stage 2 on his manual WRX. Dyno gave 356hp... I thought i would get kill. 4 runs 4 victories but not even close. he was many car lengths behind. I was shocked. I have no mods, no CAI , regular tires etc..and he is 150lbs lighter. And my son was with me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.