Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
Discussion Starter #21
Had what once looked like a 1994 civic with a big spoiler, green wheels, and a horribly annoying buzzy exhaust note rev at me while in traffic ...I did not give the spotty teenager the satisfaction of partaking in such an event.
Always better to be mature!

Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
Discussion Starter #22
Audi S3, until it crashed.

Very sorry to hear about your story, we are all car guys in the end no matter what we are driving, sorry to read you didn't get much support. Your Audi looks killer btw wow 馃槏

Registered
Very sorry to hear about your story, we are all car guys in the end no matter what we are driving, sorry to read you didn't get much support. Your Audi looks killer btw wow 馃槏
Don't feel too bad, it was a young guy who initially posted that the Giulia was "bad in the rain." Turns out he had his license for something like 2 weeks, brand new Giulia, was going way over the speed limit in the rain, took a turn too fast and crashed. Kept trying to double down saying it was the car. He got destroyed in the comments and they shut the thread down.

Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
Discussion Starter #24
Don't feel too bad, it was a young guy who initially posted that the Giulia was "bad in the rain." Turns out he had his license for something like 2 weeks, brand new Giulia, was going way over the speed limit in the rain, took a turn too fast and crashed. Kept trying to double down saying it was the car. He got destroyed in the comments and they shut the thread down.
Oh geez, gotta man up when you make a mistake. :unsure:

Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
Oh geez, gotta man up when you make a mistake. :unsure:
And then he compounded matters by returning to take a parting shot. I hope he's not one of those spoiled brats whose parents replace whatever he crashes.

Registered
Wonder if the manhood will be replaced if that crashes...

Reactions: Turkishhusla

Registered
Giulia Q2 vs my friends mk7 gti with apr stage 1 and I believe he had the dsg tune as well. We did a 40 roll in mexico till about 100 its was close till about 65 but after that he pulled on me by a car length. My car is bone stock

Registered
It seems like mine is a Civic Type R magnet. If they see it they want to race it. I don鈥檛 comply with these idiots.

Reactions: Turkishhusla

Registered
My friend has a Golf R 2019 with manual transmission. he was alone but i was with my wife. To my surprise we did 2 runs and i beat him both time by 2 length of car. NOt even close. For a car with a bit more HP.
Curious as I just came from a 17 Golf R. Do you have the Q4? Were you rolling or from a stop? If from a stop, did they use launch control? The DSG on the R is also a bit faster than the manual. Regardless, on paper the Q4 and R are pretty evenly matched stock. Could come down to something as simple as tires or their shift points.

Registered
We did from a stop. I rev up to 3k rpm and let go the gas. Yes it is a Q4 and he is awd as well so no advantage there. I don t know now if DSG will have produce a different outcome...

Registered
DSG would have made it closer or launch control if he didn鈥檛 use it but the Giulia would possibly still have the edge I think. More torque than the R.

Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
Discussion Starter #36
Did a rolling race versus a Chrysler 300 SRT8 @ about 70 km/h , went to 150km, he took me to Gapplebee's by 3 lengths but not a horrible result in my opinion considering it's a 6.2L Hemi with at least a modded exhaust.

Registered
Lined up against a Hellcat yesterday at a stop light. By the time I hit 3rd gear (and almost to the speed limit) he was so far gone I'd already forgotten the color of his car.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts