Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hear stories from all Giulia owners, stock or tuned and in various configurations RWD or AWD who have lined up at the stop lights for a quick drag. What car did you race between stop lights? Wins or losses, let's hear them all!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Caravan, Ford Escape, Honda Odyssey. It's a brutal jungle out there, so many Karen's.
🤣 I'm asking because now that the weather and street conditions have improved, I'm getting BMW's, Merc's, etc lining up with me and launching more often then when I'm in my dedicated sports car.

I'm wondering if others are getting this kind of behavior and are engaging.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Strangely enough the people who hit the gas harder than normal around me are pickup trucks. No idea why.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My friend has a Golf R 2019 with manual transmission. he was alone but i was with my wife. To my surprise we did 2 runs and i beat him both time by 2 length of car. NOt even close. For a car with a bit more HP.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend has a Golf R 2019 with manual transmission. he was alone but i was with my wife. To my surprise we did 2 runs and i beat him both time by 2 length of car. NOt even close. For a car with a bit more HP.
Golf R, good to know thanks for the contribution

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I actually don't really race to race. My daughters are surprised and ashamed I've this side to me.

I give an un-noticeable glance to assess the moronicity of the driver next to me. If it looks like the typical idiot (i can't use the word I want to use for the sake of PC) who likes to stop-light race, I'll make a quick calculation on whether there's a cop lurking somewhere close by. I act like I've never noticed the person, don't care about them. Never saw them. I act like I'm some old fool tinkering with my steering switches, or casually talking to whoever is sitting next to me.

The light turns green, and I mash the pedal and the Giulia will just lurch and take off. Most likely the car next to me, they've never seen an Alfa in the real skin, so they don't know what hit them. They squish the gas and gun like crazy. It doesn't matter if they are faster or more powerful or slower... they'll do this. At about 3-4 miles over the posted limit, I suddenly let the gas go and slow down, while the idiot keeps gunning it.

In about 30% of the cases, they'll get pulled over. Score.

:D

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually don't really race to race. My daughters are surprised and ashamed I've this side to me.

I give an un-noticeable glance to assess the moronicity of the driver next to me. If it looks like the typical idiot (i can't use the word I want to use for the sake of PC) who likes to stop-light race. I'll make a quick calculation on whether there's a cop lurking somewhere close by. I act like I've never noticed the person, don't care about them. Never saw them. I act like I'm some old fool tinkering with my steering switches, or casually talking to whoever is sitting next to me.

The light turns green, and I mash the pedal and the Giulia will just lurch and take off. Most likely the car next to me, they've never seen an Alfa in the real skin, so they don't know what hit them. They squish the gas and gun like crazy. It doesn't matter if they are faster or more powerful or slower... they'll do this. At about 3-4 miles over the posted limit, I suddenly let the gas go and slow down, while the idiot keeps gunning it.

In about 30% of the cases, they'll get pulled over. Score.

:D
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Giulia Q
11 Posts
Yeah forgot to mention :)

we were both on winter tyres that were pretty limited in terms of max speed though and here we dont have super straight highways so in simple words : it was fun night driving. :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
One thing I've seen over and over again, right tool in the right hand does wonders. Wrong hands and no amount of money or fame can help.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE KARDASHIANS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
370z nismo, 4 lights pulled a couple cars every time. I was on phase 2 at the time stock exhaust drop in filter.

17 GT 5.0 he won 2 cars, but got kudos after.

Rolling like 03 gt mustang unknown mods, at min exhaust. Pretty even from 40mph but then I start pulling in 3rd gear.

Mk7 Gti jb4 with at least exhaust that sounded really good. We pulled a bunch of times rolling and pretty much dead even. But I had just flashed phase 2 so was still breaking in.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One thing I've seen over and over again, right tool in the right hand does wonders. Wrong hands and no amount of money or fame can help.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE KARDASHIANS.
Agreed, you definitely have to understand the capability/personality/limitation of your car. Coming from the Porsche world this Alfa is brimming with character, love this car, soon as I drove it I knew it was special. Drove an M2 and did absolutely nothing for me.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4 base
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
370z nismo, 4 lights pulled a couple cars every time. I was on phase 2 at the time stock exhaust drop in filter.

17 GT 5.0 he won 2 cars, but got kudos after.

Rolling like 03 gt mustang unknown mods, at min exhaust. Pretty even from 40mph but they I start pulling in 3rd gear.

Mk7 Gti jb4 with at least exhaust that sounded really good. We pulled a bunch of times rolling and pretty much dead even. But I had just flashed phase 2 so was still breaking in.
Wow so the 5.0 was the only one, I reckon from a dig with and AWD it would be interesting.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,744 Posts
Audi S3, until it crashed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Had what once looked like a 1994 civic with a big spoiler, green wheels, and a horribly annoying buzzy exhaust note rev at me while in traffic ...I did not give the spotty teenager the satisfaction of partaking in such an event.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts