Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the differences between the Giulia and Giulia TI. Other than $2,000 I really don't see anything different.

Also, really just how different does the car drive between the AWD and RWD?

Apologize if this has been asked before, I tried searching the posts and came up short.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi John, Ti has a few options that otherwise are purchased separately.....cold weather package, larger infotainment screen, etc. I think it's a push cost wise.. If you want the upgraded sport seats or lux seats, or 19" wheels you have to get the Ti.

I drove both 2wd and Awd on a day where it had rained in the morning.. both handled well. I went with AWD as that was all of the dealer stock in the Seattle area (AWD is a big demand here). But, if I was custom ordering I'd go 2wd with the performance package that has limited slip.

For me the two most debatable options are HK upgraded stereo and Nav.. Once Apple carplay is integrated (for 2018 models) I would just use NAV from my iPhone. The HK stereo is ok, but I had a HK stereo in my 2000 SAAB 9-5 that I recall sounded a helluva lot better.. For the Alfa I'd go base stereo and then upgrade aftermarket..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Most of the options from Ti can be added on the base model - heated seats/wheel, equivalent of 18" sport pack, upgraded 8.8 display, Nav, driver assist packages, etc.

Some options only available on Ti
- deeply bolstered sport seats with 18" & 19" Sport packs
- Performance Pack (LSD & variable dampers)
- Lusso option
- Leather dash option
- White & Red tri-coat paint

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ended up buying a loaded up Volcano Black BASE Giulia RWD...I have Nav, the Dual Pane Sunroof, Turbine 18's, Driver Assistance Dynamic Package, Driver Assistance Static Package.

I thought for sure I would buy a Ti with Sports Package but that seemed too harsh of a drive for the roads in my area. After the test drive of several Giulia's it was an easy decision for me...plus the AR Dealership here in Austin made me one heck of a fantastic deal (month end...last day of March) on the Giulia I ended up buying. I use the Giulia for a daily driver so I did not want the ride to be too harsh when driving in the Austin, TX downtown area. Even though Austin has TONS of tax revenue rolling in with our booming economy many of the roads SUCK!

I would like to do "springs" to lower the car .75" to 1.0" but I am worried I would scrap the front bumper chin area all the time. I like the overall suspension feel of the base model as is...a bit lower would look better.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,794 Posts
curious
you guys have better access to your spec sheets etc
how much does the Giulia and the Ti weigh?
Q2

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
I ended up buying a loaded up Volcano Black BASE Giulia RWD...I have Nav, the Dual Pane Sunroof, Turbine 18's, Driver Assistance Dynamic Package, Driver Assistance Static Package.

I thought for sure I would buy a Ti with Sports Package but that seemed too harsh of a drive for the roads in my area. After the test drive of several Giulia's it was an easy decision for me...plus the AR Dealership here in Austin made me one heck of a fantastic deal (month end...last day of March) on the Giulia I ended up buying. I use the Giulia for a daily driver so I did not want the ride to be too harsh when driving in the Austin, TX downtown area. Even though Austin has TONS of tax revenue rolling in with our booming economy many of the roads SUCK!
I wish the roads in Michigan sucked as badly. Oh well, good steering and handling helps avoid potholes.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,794 Posts
yep, the limited slip diff, slightly larger brakes, adaptive cruise control, it all adds up, then add AWD to the Q4

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wish the roads in Michigan sucked as badly. Oh well, good steering and handling helps avoid potholes.
Out where I live in the Hill Country just West of Austin the roads are all pretty smooth...it's the Downtown area that can be hit and miss. Another issue here in Texas is all the road debris...it's almost like no one is assigned to clean up road debris. Almost everyday I notice busted up pallets or items that fell off commercial trucks on the road. I am extremely vigilant when I drive as I scan the road for debris...wood, big rocks, construction related debris, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts