Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a European model. But maybe it shows how will US Veloce look like. US Veloce will have 350 HP 2 liter mild hybrid engine.

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti

The Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti, equipped with 280 HP turbo petrol powerplant combined with 8-speed automatic transmission and Q4 all-wheel drive, is a fine embodiment of the technical and automotive excellence of the Giulia range.
The time-honoured code "Ti", standing for "Turismo internazionale", has always been reserved to the most lavishly equipped, leading-edge, extreme versions. The Giulia Ti, presented in Racing Red livery, is the most exclusive version in the range, successfully combining the Giulia Veloce's sporty flavour with an alluring style, a rich standard outfit and the very latest technology, a near sister to the Quadrifoglio, with which it shares several stylistic features. The black roof, the leather-clad dashboard with carbon inserts and the leather and Alcantara seats with black stitching all immediately catch the eye, as well as many carbon details styled by Mopar, such as the backlit kick plates with Alfa Romeo logo, the "V" of the front cloverleaf, the gear knob insert and the rearview mirror caps. The side skirts with carbon insert and the rear spoiler are quintessential Quadrifoglio elements. The 19" burnished alloy 5-spoke wheels are another real racing style feature. The red brake callipers gleam enticingly between the spokes.
The sporty personality of this model is reasserted by the extreme care for details and extensive use of carbon fibre. The configuration is completed by the AlfaTM Connect 3D infotainment system with Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM and 8.8" 3D navigation system with DAB, active cruise control, tinted windows and the Harman Kardon premium audio package.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That carbon fiber on the dash looks amazing, I hope that's a trim option week can add to the Giulia Ti later for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Its basically CF that is now on QV, most likely it will be available on all models except base in late model years

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
This is pretty low effort to me -- but the seats are nice. I guess when a car is basically perfect from the get-go, making changes is hard

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is pretty low effort to me -- but the seats are nice. I guess when a car is basically perfect from the get-go, making changes is hard
It's basically like what BMW does with the M Sport stuff, get a little power bump and some sportier styling. Makes me think once I get a Giulia I'll need to put on a spoiler.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
But there is no power bump ... I would have different feelings if there was ... the whole "350hp variant" has been rumored forever, I will believe it when I see it

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know who wrote the copy for the glowing paragraph.
But "sporty" just doesn't go with one of the best sedans ever built.

Yuchhh

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,838 Posts
I really dont know why they threw the Ti badge at the US cars and exactly the same car in Australia would simply be called a Veloce, but then the US didnt get Veloce ?

both iconic Alfa Romeo trim levels but bandied without thought or consideration, just chucked around the globe and bandied as a geographical thing rather than a defined international trim level

I hope this fixes all that and resets the iconic badge with iconic features available internationally

I wonder if that was why Reid Bigland was sacked

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,838 Posts
I mean correct me if im wrong, but are you able to drive off the lot in a badgeless "Ti" with 18 inch rims or 225/40/19 all round (non staggered set up) or without a limited slip diff or adaptive dampers (options)
Sport Pack i believe adds those ?

if any of the above are missing off a drive away "Ti" its not a real Ti

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really dont know why they threw the Ti badge at the US cars and exactly the same car in Australia would simply be called a Veloce, but then the US didnt get Veloce ?
US Ti trim is equivalent of Super trim in continental Europe. All according to Fiat ePER. :wink2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
US Ti trim is equivalent of Super trim in continental Europe. All according to Fiat ePER. :wink2:
Actually US TI is equivalent to Veloce trim in Europe. Super is a downtuned 200hp version of Veloce with RWD drive, single exhaust and lesser-spec interior.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually US TI is equivalent to Veloce trim in Europe. Super is a downtuned 200hp version of Veloce with RWD drive, single exhaust and lesser-spec interior.
No. Put engines aside.

Ti trim is equivalent to Super trim. I'm talking about trim levels.

There is no Veloce trim in the USA. Not yet.

So then the 350hp version is basically confirmed as it was on ePER?
For NAFTA market. That will be Veloce trim level in the USA. Only with Q4.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
140 Posts
No. Put engines aside.

Ti trim is equivalent to Super trim. I'm talking about trim levels.

There is no Veloce trim in the USA. Not yet.
Let me be more precise: European Veloce is almost exactly equivalent to USA TI Sport AWD. Based on available specs, I cannot find any difference.

Once again: European Super (gasoline version) has:
- 200 hp downtuned engine
- RWD (Veloce always has AWD, but US Ti Sport seem to be available with RWD or AWD. In some markets, such as UK the Veloce comes with RWD)
- Base seats (as opposed to Sport leather seats in Veloce / TI Sport)
- Super bumpers with simpler diffusers (as opposed to Veloce bumpers and diffusers with Veloce / Ti Sport)
- Single exhaust (Veloce and all US Giualia's has dual exhausts)
- Smaller diameter brake disks
- Base brake calibers (as opposed to Red/Yellow/Black with Veloce or TI Sport)
- 17" wheels as standard (as opposed to 19-Inch X 8-Inch Dark 5-Hole Aluminum Wheels with Veloce or TI Sport)

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
ePER doesn't lie
What does ePer say about a 350hp model, and what is it that makes ePer infallible? It seems strange there has been no corroborating confirmation about the certainty of such a model, though rumored since late last year. I only know ePer as a parts catalog; is it listing parts for a bigger motor or what? Is it an official Fiat organ?

Thanks for info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let me be more precise: European Veloce is almost exactly equivalent to USA TI Sport AWD. Based on available specs, I cannot find any difference.

Once again: European Super (gasoline version) has:
- 200 hp downtuned engine
- RWD (Veloce always has AWD, but US Ti Sport seem to be available with RWD or AWD. In some markets, such as UK the Veloce comes with RWD)
- Base seats (as opposed to Sport leather seats in Veloce / TI Sport)
- Super bumpers with simpler diffusers (as opposed to Veloce bumpers and diffusers with Veloce / Ti Sport)
- Single exhaust (Veloce and all US Giualia's has dual exhausts)
- Smaller diameter brake disks
- Base brake calibers (as opposed to Red/Yellow/Black with Veloce or TI Sport)
- 17" wheels as standard (as opposed to 19-Inch X 8-Inch Dark 5-Hole Aluminum Wheels with Veloce or TI Sport)
Now you are changing the game.

Ti Sport is just version if Ti/Super. In Europe there is Veloce Interior and Exterior Packs which can be combined with Super trim.

What does ePer say about a 350hp model, and what is it that makes ePer infallible? It seems strange there has been no corroborating confirmation about the certainty of such a model, though rumored since late last year. I only know ePer as a parts catalog; is it listing parts for a bigger motor or what? Is it an official Fiat organ?

Thanks for info.

Fiat ePER is official spare parts catalogue. There is a Chrysler equivalent. AFAIK there is a 350 HP Giulia in Chrysler's equivalent of ePER.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts